Stephanie Capek (StephanieAZ)

(deactivated member)
on 8/14/11 12:58 pm, edited 8/14/11 12:59 pm - Beverly, NJ
I just heard the news and know alot of you would be wondering about her also. 

She has passed from a complication of her surgery. 

I don't know the details but as I get them I will update the group. 

I am terribly saddened by this.  She was so wonderful.  I don't even want to get into the debate about her surgeon choice because to be honest she knew I wasn't happy about it.  Once I have more details I will feel differently. 

She was such a good friend and easy to talk to.  I'm going to miss her so much!

For those who may not be familiar with her, here is her blog:
http://watchstephlose.blogspot.com/
Elizabeth N.
on 8/14/11 1:03 pm - Burlington County, NJ
I'm so sorry to hear this :-(. Please do update us as you get more information.

butercup
on 8/15/11 3:54 am - Kennewick, WA
Update-

This is on the OH facebook page.  It's written by her boyfriend.

I'm sorry to be doing this from Stephanie's profile but it's the only way I can see everything that is going on with her groups and friends. I don't see that I have gotten a private message from you but I can tell you all I know at the moment. Stephanie had her surgery and came back from recovery and was put in her room. Her heart rate was elevated so they were monitoring her. It continued over that night and the next whole day to rise even when they were trying to lower it and treat her. Her pain became worse and on Saturday morning, they moved her to the ICU where Dr. Fang was going to perform exploratory on her to see if it was something that went wrong with the procedure. She was so bad in the ICU.. all I could do was sit there next to her bed and hold her hand and cry and tell her how much I loved her. I'm not sure if she was even aware I was there because she was so out of it but I pray that she was able to hear and feel me. When they took her off to surgery, they didn't get a chance to put her under because she coded when they laid her out on the table. The tried to resusciate her for 40 minutes and were not able to bring her back. Right now her family and I are still in shock and disbelief but it's setting in.. I miss her so much already because she is my whole world and I love her more than anything or anyone. We are all waiting on her autopsy and trust me I will make sure people know what they did to her if someone is responsible. Please keep Stephanie in your hearts and thoughts because she was one of the most amazing people ever put on this earth. She wanted nothing more than to be healthy and happy for the rest of her life and that was taken from her so wrongly.

Sorry that I don't know how to link to that particular facebook thread.

I'm putting it here so it will be on the first page for people, sorry EN, but I didn't think you'd mind at all.
(deactivated member)
on 8/15/11 4:03 am - Beverly, NJ
I just walked in the door from errands.  Thank you for posting this. 

He really is a sweet, sweet guy.  Poor thing...

Jennifer D.
on 8/15/11 1:12 pm
So you knew them I.R.L.?
                                      Jennifer
          Thank you Cheri and Holly!
       Think twice, cut once! I've had 3 surgeries now, RNY, VSG and DS .
                                Ask me about the DS or visit dsfacts.com
2002 - RNY
2010 - RNY to VSG
2011 - Full DS-August 24th
                HW 311   SW 306  CW 235  GW 150
(deactivated member)
on 8/15/11 2:00 pm - Beverly, NJ
No.  butercup, Stephanie and I were blog friends and friends on OH Facebook.  Since her passing her boyfriend and I have exchanged a few messages.  Sadly I was never able to meet her the way I would of liked too.
(deactivated member)
on 8/15/11 6:50 am
Thank you so much for posting this.  So sad.......... 
(deactivated member)
on 8/14/11 1:04 pm
Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear this. Thank you for letting me know.

I'm so sad right now :(

Hugs,
Ratkity
butercup
on 8/14/11 1:05 pm - Kennewick, WA
All I can think is what a tragedy this is. She was so desperate to be free and happy. Such a sweet, smart, funny, and just all around lovely person. I'm heartbroken. I'm sorry for her poor family and loved ones.
(deactivated member)
on 8/14/11 1:07 pm - Chandler, AZ
Can you email me? I'd like to send you my phone number so I can talk to you! It's important! I don't have access to my computer eight now, only my cell phone and it's not letting me pm you!
[email protected]