For anyone contemplating the DS in Arizona...

goodkel
on 8/15/11 2:02 pm
On August 15, 2011 at 2:27 PM Pacific Time, huera4u2 wrote:
I had an appointment with him tomorrow that I just cancelled.. There is no way that I will be seeing him anytime soon... Now I need to find another doctor, but i am scared now to go through this. I have a husband and 2 little girls to think about now...
Awesome and smart decision!

Your obesity is killing you. They call it morbid obesity for a reason. If you aren't seeing the effects, yet, give it time. You will. Think about that when you're thinking about your family.

There are plenty of highly qualified surgeons out there and we've already done the research for you to make finding them easier. Just pick one from DSFacts.com and ignore all others.

Don't let one butcher ruin YOUR future, too.
Check out my profile: http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/goodkel/
Or click on my name
DS SW 265 CW 120 5'7"

Elizabeth N.
on 8/15/11 8:40 am - Burlington County, NJ
Oh but wait. That's ONLY two whole reprimands in NINE YEARS. How unforgiving of you!!!!!!11!!eleventy! And it doesn't say ANYTHING about his SURGICAL skills........*whine*

C'mon, why should I worry about two lousy letters and a few months of "probation"? It's probably just all POLITICAL anyway......

Damn that hurt to type. Will those who know about these things please discuss and spell out with great clarity? I have to go bleach my hands now.

Ms. Cal Culator
on 8/15/11 4:19 pm - Tuvalu
On August 15, 2011 at 3:40 PM Pacific Time, Elizabeth N. wrote:
Oh but wait. That's ONLY two whole reprimands in NINE YEARS. How unforgiving of you!!!!!!11!!eleventy! And it doesn't say ANYTHING about his SURGICAL skills........*whine*

C'mon, why should I worry about two lousy letters and a few months of "probation"? It's probably just all POLITICAL anyway......

Damn that hurt to type. Will those who know about these things please discuss and spell out with great clarity? I have to go bleach my hands now.

Ya know...malpractice insurance is there for a good reason.  People--including surgeons--make mistakes.  In fact, mistakes are made by most anyone who is doing SOMETHING.

But his record is not about a mistake...or even two.  His record is about really poor decision making...sloppy work..."improper" prescriptions...lying to the medical board...failure to perform a timely and adequate history and physical...inadequate documentation of an operative procedure and inaccurate documentation in general.  This is not making a mistake...except, pehaps the mistake of issuing his license.

Elizabeth N.
on 8/15/11 10:36 pm - Burlington County, NJ
Those "improper" prescriptions were about keeping his wife in drugs....and written to a fake name. Funny, I thought that was a felony and not just worthy of a reprimand.

Then there's the little detail of checking off on h&p that you did a pelvic exam when you didn't....And lo and behold, that's where the bleeding was happening that made your patient anemic enough that you almost KILLED her by operating on her DESPITE her bad labs.

Hey folks? READ THE CASES in that link. I am not only horrified by this sleazebag, I am almost equally horrified that the board didn't get him hauled off in handcuffs. I am NOT impressed by the board, either.

(deactivated member)
on 8/15/11 10:24 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
Looks like you saved a future DSer from this surgeon Sue.