Sleeve vs. DS

(deactivated member)
on 8/14/11 6:46 am - San Jose, CA
Unless I gave birth to you, and even then it depends on whether I think you are going to care for me in my old age, not paying for nothin'.

But help fighting the insurance company?  My pleasure - and I mean that.
Imissthe80s
on 8/14/11 7:28 am - Louisville, KY
DS on 02/27/12
Alright, I may be callin' on you when I get a big red rubber stamp in Dec.  Good luck getting care in your old age, which I hope you aren't going to need until at least after my DS! I bet your daughter will at least get you a walker when/if the time comes.  In all seriousness, I wish her well in her decision concerning surgery because I can't imagine the added stress of this decision process if I felt it were going to get in the way of planning a family vs. negotiating my own health and well being.  Having babies is not something I'm having to fit into the equation.

MiissOre0
on 8/14/11 6:30 am - pennsauken, NJ
I actually was going for the lapband orginally but by the grace of god..i was sent on the path of th DS..and i love my DS..i would do over again if i needed to. Makes you realize how short life is and you need to make the best out of it. You will need vitamins for the rest of your life. Make sure you do all the research and definitely consult with your doctor what is the best option and best weight loss. I hope everything works out for you...

This is a start of a new beginning..hw/cw/gw 600/200/175

MsBatt
on 8/14/11 10:03 am
The Sleeve simply wasn't AROUND back when I had my DS---but even if it had been, I would have gotten the 'whole' DS. I knew that after a lifetime of yo-yoing, my metabolism would defeat a restriction-only procedure.