Small owel Follow-through with C-scope?

MsBatt
on 8/13/11 8:56 am
I'm supposed to have one of these Monday AM. Can anyone tell me what to expect? Will things be 'different' for me as a DSer? Anything I need to tell them beforehand? I will be carrying a pic of my designer guts.
larra
on 8/13/11 9:13 am - bay area, CA
I'm not sure what you mean here. A "small bowel follow-through" is usually part of an upper gi x-ray series. In your (our) case, the alimentary limb and common channel will show up, the BP limb will not.
     The colonoscope, at best, will get all the way to the cecum (which is the beginnning of the colon) and maybe get a peek at the junction of the small intestine with the cecum. Your designer guts didn't change that junction, so nothing different for the person at the other end of the scope.

Larra
(deactivated member)
on 8/13/11 10:46 am - San Jose, CA
I would think that owl had better be smaller than the one Jackie posted a picture of the other day:

I think that sucker would HURT!
Mom4Jazz
on 8/13/11 11:07 am
And THIS is why I lurk on the DS forum - never a dull moment.

Highest weight: 335 lbs, BMI 50.9
Pre-op weight: 319 lbs, BMI 48.5
Current range: 140-144, BMI 21.3 - 22

175+ lbs lost, maintaining since February 2012

pycca
on 8/13/11 11:52 am - Haslet, TX
                 he looks a little bit pissed too  !!!!
MsBatt
on 8/13/11 12:42 pm
He felt AWFUL BIG when he was obstructed. (*grin*)
k9ophile
on 8/13/11 11:11 am
Might want to mention any allergies to poultry. 

(And yes, I can say this because I am the world's worst typist!)

"Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us."  Stephen Covey

Don't litter!  Spay or neuter your pet

Catnip
on 8/13/11 12:51 pm - Ottawa, Canada
 HI,

I am not sure of you are talking about a barium swallow but i had one of those earlier this year.

Expect to be made to swallow this really nasty liquid chalk.  Follow it up with some pop rocks and then some more liquid chalk.  The pop rocks react to the chalk and create gas which you need to try and not burp or throw up.   Then you get to stand or lay down on a table that they move around while they take pictures of you. At some points your head is lower then your feet and then at other points you are standing straight up.   I was only supposed to have the xrays done of my stomach but the radiologist she decided to do all the way to my colon so she could see my designer guts.  (not many Ds'ers in my area,  every doctor thinks we are cool) 

Bring a big bottle of liquid to drink after it is done, but no drinking beforehand.

Good luck

CNC

Citrate or Bust (a few bones) !
catnip.gif picture by catnipcook

gak
on 8/13/11 12:55 pm
Revision on 06/21/13
I had to have the small bowel follow thru and it did not take long.. they had to take pics quicker than usual as I warned them (they did not listen at first- but then they did) .. good thing your taking your designer guts pics. They sort of get really interested in our innards.

Also depending on who ordered it.. hopefully they have warned them transient times are probably faster than normal.

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm