On pre-op diet and found a yummy!

litebrite
on 8/13/11 2:05 am - Telford, PA
I do not remember if I read here, at the local hospital support group, or a class on DS I went to a few weeks back.  Anyway, someone mentioned putting Mio in greek yogurt.  I took bought some vanilla flavored and was sour.  I am not allowed to have fruit in it during the pre-op diet.  I used the strawberry watermelon Mio, WOW.   It is sooooo yummy.  I tend not to like artificially flavored things like crystal light, juices, etc.  I love plain water!   The Mio is supposed to be for water but so glad this will make the greek yogurt easier to eat at least until I can put fruit in it. Plus, 22 g of protein for one cup, yipppeeee.

Just had to pass it on, hope it will help someone else. 

• Caffeine-free
  • Calorie-free per 8 fluid ounce serving
  • 0g Carbohydrates and considered a free exchange
  • Sugar-free
  • Free of artificial flavor
www.kraftbrands.com/mio/pages/about-mio.html       LINK

If it someone here who suggested it, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

DS on 8/15/11

2bee.or.not2bee
on 8/13/11 2:57 am
 What a great idea! When I was in the States this summer I saw the Mio's and threw a couple of each flavor in my suitcase. I like them in water, but will now try them in yougurt! Thanks!
~CC

Romans 8:28                                  VSG 1/23/10  DS 5/15/11

VSG weight = 143 kg  VSG low = 116 kg  DS weight = 141.5
J G.
on 8/13/11 4:54 am
Good idea, I think I have some peach.

I bet sugar free jello on a tablespoon with a couple of drops of water would work too.

I have heard that Starbucks has a great sugar-free carmel syrup.

-Jenny
elixir
on 8/13/11 6:59 am - MI
I've been meaning to pick up some Mio. I'm definitely adding it to my grocery list now; strawberry watermelon yogurt sounds yummy.

I am not like I was before. I thought that nothing would change me. ~Sinead O'Connor

butercup
on 8/13/11 3:02 pm - Kennewick, WA
Hidden Vally Ranch dip packets is good in it. I get the fage. Eat it with celery or cucumbers. Mmmmmm
litebrite
on 8/13/11 10:17 pm - Telford, PA
Thanks butercup, that is a good idea too.  I will have to try that post-op
DS on 8/15/11