Well, I'm gonna get flamed....

(deactivated member)
on 8/13/11 12:41 am
I finally posted a little warning about RNY on the board there. I hated my RNY. Suffered for six long years with unbelievable poo issues, no satiety, and other stuff. I went though hell being blamed for being a non-compliant patient.

I went through hell again battling a ****ty insurance company which (get this) hired their former medical director to review my case at the highest level. Guess what he decided?

Eventually, I paid for the revision myself.

I expect for some flaming on the RNY board for revealing a bit of my story, but if nobody tells about bad outcomes, what good are we?
larra
on 8/13/11 12:56 am - bay area, CA
You did a brave thing.
     You probably will get flamed, but just remember that there are lurkers out there struggling with their failed operations who WILL read your post and realize that there is still hope for them.
 You will help more people than you will even know.

Larra
Julie R.
on 8/13/11 1:14 am - Ludington, MI
 You got your flame retardant big girl panties on, dontcha?        Good.   You might get flamed publicly, but mark my word, your inbox will be crowded with PM's from people in the same boat you were, asking for help.     

Good luck!
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

(deactivated member)
on 8/13/11 1:22 am
(deactivated member)
on 8/13/11 2:21 am
I get flamed on the band board all the time. BUT I got a PM from a woman who decided to cancel her surgery with less than a week to go because of what I said.

So in spite of the flames - I saved one person! Good enough for me!

BUT, I'm not going to stop.
(deactivated member)
on 8/13/11 2:23 am - San Jose, CA

Did you ever get a proper external medical review?  Through your state insurance department?  It's worth asking about - once you file an appeal, even just the first one, you are entitled to appeal ALLTHE WAY to the top.  If you did not take it all the way, you might STILL be able to file for a review and reimbursement.

(deactivated member)
on 8/13/11 3:38 am
zuzupetals2u2
on 8/13/11 10:08 am - Sedona, AZ
one of my first posts in the DS section was after reading a lot here (years back pre-op) & I commented about how the DS appeared to be a superior surgery to the RNY and OMG was I flamed !! It did appear that the ones who had the RNY not long before were the most mad because it made them feel they made a mistake but their anger was directed at ME! You do own a pair of flame retardant big girl panties, right? I didnt have mine yet and I was beaten to a pulp!

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh