Different shake cake

wannablite
on 8/13/11 12:42 am - Southern, NJ
 I found this recipe and with some tweaking of my own found it quite delicious! Try & try as I might, the "other" shake cake recipe always came out dry for me. Hope you all like it!

1 Egg, beaten
3 Tablespoons milk (I use Almond Breeze so don't think it matters much)
2 Tablespoons sugar free syrup (any flavor)
2 Tablespoons canola oil
3 Tablespoons multigrain pancake mix (not sure about this..I use almond flour)
3 Tablespoons sugar free pudding (I use chocolate)
1/4 Teaspoon baking powder
1 Scoop protein powder (I use Syntrax chocolate truffle)
pinch salt

In 2 cup measuring cup mix egg, milk, syrup & oil, In separate bowl combine dry ingred. Mix dry into wet. Microwave 2 minutes & let sit 3 minutes. It will pull away from the sides. Turn over onto plate & top w/ Land O Lakes sf whipped cream or whatever sounds good!

2bee.or.not2bee
on 8/13/11 1:37 am
 Mmmm, Sounds good! Thanks!

Romans 8:28                                  VSG 1/23/10  DS 5/15/11

VSG weight = 143 kg  VSG low = 116 kg  DS weight = 141.5
Emily F.
on 8/13/11 3:38 am
Thanks.
J G.
on 8/13/11 5:57 am
this is alot like this:

3 minute mug cake

4 Tbsp almond flour

3 Tbsp cocoa

3 Tbsp Splenda

dash of salt

1 egg

3 Tbsp cream or milk

3 Tbsp oil

dash of vanilla

Whisk it all together in a coffee mug and microwave for two minutes.    Dust the top with cocoa.  

You can make it into a "lava" cake by adding SF Hershey's syrup at about a minute into the cooking, then a little more on top when it's done.  I will sometimes have this with a scoop of Carbsmart vanilla ice cream, or fresh strawberries soaked in Splenda too.

I think you can make it with one scoop of protein powder instead of the almond flour.   I'll try that next time.

I tried using coconut oil or natural peanut butter in place of the oil and different extracts instead of the vanilla, and they all rock. Thank you so much for posting this

It is minus the bk. powder and has a little more oil.  not sure who the original poster was 
wannablite
on 8/13/11 11:22 am - Southern, NJ
 I liked the idea of getting the protein in so my recipe worked great for that. Also, it used both protein powder & almond flour. I love that you have tried using peanut butter in place of the oil. That will be next on my list! Thank you!

zuzupetals2u2
on 8/13/11 10:32 am - Sedona, AZ
I guess I will try them both as I couldnt get the Shake cake to work either but DRY wasn't even close to the description of ,my result . . it sounded so good too, so I hope these will work for me.

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

wannablite
on 8/13/11 11:18 am, edited 8/13/11 11:22 am - Southern, NJ
 I hope one of them works for you, too! I just had the worst luck with the shake cake, but loved the idea. This one is moist and a little lava like too!