Recipe Crispy Pepperoni Chips - YUMMO

(deactivated member)
on 8/12/11 7:47 am
Okay so I'm not switched yet but I'm trying to do the low carb thing in preparation AND as part of my ridiculous 6 month diet required by my even more ridiculous insurance company.

But I digress...

So anyway, last time I did the low carb deal I LOVED these so I thought I would share. 

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Take a package of sliced Pepperoni and lay the pepperoni slices in a single layer on a baking sheet.  

Bake for about 10 mins and then soak up the grease with a paper towel (not that the fat is an issue, they just don't get as crispy with the oil on top).  Put them back in the oven for about 3 minutes or until they are really crispy.   

Super easy and delicious!  I used to use them instead of crackers or potato chips when I was craving salty and crunchy.  You can put cheese on top or dip into sour cream or dip - SOO delish!

Just thought I'd share!

PS  they keep for a few days as long as they are in an air-tight container too!
beemerbeeper
on 8/12/11 9:02 am - AL
I've never tried this but it sounds so good I am going to make some right now. 

Look at you paying it forward while still a pre-op.  Love it!!

~Becky

(deactivated member)
on 8/12/11 9:08 am - Chandler, AZ
Sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing! I think I'd like to use those in place of crackers for dipping!
Twyla S.
on 8/12/11 9:58 am - Chattanooga, TN
 LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea.....going to try it sometime this week.  Thanks....
(deactivated member)
on 8/12/11 10:21 am
elixir
on 8/12/11 4:19 pm - MI
 I make these all the time. I also tried making them with salami, but it didn't turn out as well.

I am not like I was before. I thought that nothing would change me. ~Sinead O'Connor

2bee.or.not2bee
on 8/12/11 6:03 pm
 I tried this a couple of days ago with sliced pepper jack cheese. Really tasty! I did put the cheese on a silicon mat, makes it easy to get the spatula under and lift off!  Very nice!! 
~CC

Romans 8:28                                  VSG 1/23/10  DS 5/15/11

VSG weight = 143 kg  VSG low = 116 kg  DS weight = 141.5
litebrite
on 8/13/11 2:11 am - Telford, PA
Sounds so good, bookmarking it for when I can eat it.  The cheese sounded good too!!  Note to elf, must buy silicone mat.
DS on 8/15/11

elixir
on 8/13/11 7:45 am - MI
I have a silicone mat, but I use parchment paper when I do cheese crisps. I'll try the silicone next time though. 
 I am not like I was before. I thought that nothing would change me. ~Sinead O'Connor

KathyA999
on 8/13/11 1:55 pm
Great idea!  I wonder if this would work as well with turkey pepperoni.  Has anyone tried it?

Height 5' 7"   High Wt 268 / Consult Wt 246 / Surgery Wt 241 / Goal Wt 150 / Happy place 135-137 / Current Wt 143
Tracker starts at consult weight       

In maintenance since December 2011.