DS Revision

(deactivated member)
on 8/12/11 4:01 am - Ontario, CA
RNY on 05/07/07 with
Has anyone gotten the RNY and gained the weight back and got the revision to the Duodenal Switch?  I am so worried because I come from an obese family who have all died of strokes and I had the RNY in 2007 and I am back to 251.   I am considering getting the Duodenal Switch.  Can anyone give me some advise on the DS surgery?

Thanks
beemerbeeper
on 8/12/11 4:08 am - AL

www.DSFacts.com

Read this forum.  There are tons of posts about revisions. 

Know that the number of surgeons who can do this technically challenging surgery are LIMITED.  The number of DS surgeons in general is VERY small and the number of them who do revisions is even smaller.  So you will have to seek out those experienced revision surgeons which may mean you have to travel. 

~Becky

teachmid
on 8/12/11 4:17 am - OKC, OK
I had a revision from a RNY to a DS last December. You have one of the top revision surgeons in your area, Dr. Keshishian in Glendale.

Read, read, read and ask questions. This is very complex surgery as Becky said. As a revision, the weight loss is slower, but it will happen.

Welcome and good luck.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

(deactivated member)
on 8/12/11 5:12 am - Bayonne, NJ
There's a bunch of us who have had revisions from RNY to the DS, some for weight gain, some for other reasons. It can be done but it is tricky, so make sure you read! The only surgeon in Canada who is qualified is Gagner in Montreal.
MomToTeens
on 8/12/11 7:46 am - OH
I had my RNY to DS revision on July 18 with Dr. Keshishian in Glendale.  It is a very major and very serious surgery.  Please research carefully and extensively, and know what you're getting into.

California has two of the best revision surgeons...Dr. Keshishian and Dr. Rabkin.

Susan
RNY:  05/24/2005     SW:  270, lowest:  190,  Back up to:  230
Revision to DS:  07/24/2011  SW:230/CW:181/GW:140

"Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there!"
Will Rogers

(deactivated member)
on 8/12/11 10:25 am
sosoclark
on 8/13/11 12:35 am - Sacramento, CA
I'm a revision from RNY to DS. Your in luck because one of the best surgeons is in your neck of the woods. Dr K did my surgery and is a wonder doctor. It's can be a rough surgery so you want to seek out the best surgeon let me stress that.

Good luck on your second journey, if you have any question feel free to ask.

Sophia