Hallelujah!! Oh, happy day!!!

beth-28
on 8/12/11 5:47 am
I have struggled, sweated, swore many swear words, stressed (myself and my spouse), cursed the day I started this, and now.... 6 months after I first conceived the idea of surgery, it's over.

The 6 month, required by insurance, diet is finally over. The "I have already tried for several years, without long-term sucess, diet" that my insurance company wanted me to do because they are sure that if I tried one.more.time this would be the time I succeed ( or at least maybe if we make you do this again you'll get frustrated and quit ). 

Or, is it a beginning?    A good beginning, with a phone call soon saying I am approved and here's my date? Or a bad beginning of a fight with my insurance company because they want to deny me for some reason?

This is what my face looks like right now.   Can you tell patience is not one of my "virtures?"

When push comes to shove....shove hard!

Never regret anything, because at one time it was exactly what you wanted.

Imissthe80s
on 8/12/11 6:11 am - Louisville, KY
DS on 02/27/12
Good luck, Beth! Ha! You posted this right after I posted my insurance rant!  I am definitely gonna see some hurdles, but I hope to have the wherewithal to see it through and not give up.  This insurance business has definitely been an eye opening experience and I am just getting started, only 2 appts. in to my 6-month diet.  Sigh....

beth-28
on 8/12/11 6:57 am
Des,

Lol, I just saw your rant post. Yeah, I went through those hoops too, but my surgeon had a checklist from the very begining where they had called the ins. co. and found out all the requirements. Dr office required nut, psych, exercise, etc., and ins required the 35 bmi with co-morbids or 40 bmi by itself, 5 year weights, 6month supervised diet. Now, of course there is no guarantee that I'm going to be approved. 2 of that 5 year history I had a BMI of 33, but I had diabetes at that time, sooo..... Idk. The other 3 yrs had BMI of over 35 with diabetes.

I am getting all the rest of my paperwork together to hopefully submit everything next week.

Ya'll will either heard my screams of frustration, or hear the party of celebration.....stay tuned!   or    

Imissthe80s
on 8/12/11 7:00 am - Louisville, KY
DS on 02/27/12
I love your signature by the way, it is my mantra these days.

beth-28
on 8/12/11 7:33 am
Thank you. My other motto is "I'm easy to please as long as I get things my way."

MomToTeens
on 8/12/11 7:41 am - OH
Woohoo Beth!!

Good luck and praying for an APPROVAL!!

Susan
RNY:  05/24/2005     SW:  270, lowest:  190,  Back up to:  230
Revision to DS:  07/24/2011  SW:230/CW:181/GW:140

"Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there!"
Will Rogers

beth-28
on 8/12/11 12:33 pm
Thank you Susan! You know ya'll will know aproximately 5 minutes or less after I find out!

butercup
on 8/12/11 4:25 pm - Kennewick, WA
I just got my request submitted today. I'm really excited. You should be too, you'll get it.
MiissOre0
on 8/12/11 7:24 pm - pennsauken, NJ
Yay!!!I hope you get an approval soon..I know that 6 month diet history was hard because its like you know u need surgery but u dont want it to be delayed any longer than it already has been..But now its over..and you can be on your way to getting an approval!!!

This is a start of a new beginning..hw/cw/gw 600/200/175

scoob
on 8/12/11 11:25 pm - Somerset, KY
You may be surprised and get approved right away. BUT if not, don't give up. Some of us had to wait a long time and let me tell you, it has been very worth it so far!! Fingers crossed for you!

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"