One year thanks and pics

(deactivated member)
on 8/11/11 2:57 pm

One year ago, I met the man who changed my life...and my guts...forever.  Since that day, I've lost friends, family, diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, 132 pounds, the large chip that resided on my shoulder, and my honky tonk badonkadonk.  Since that day, I've gained knowledge, courage, self confidence, respect (both self and from others), and power.  My kids got their mom back.  My husband got his wife back.

I will never be able to thank Dr. Stewart enough.  He gave me the opportunity to take my life back.  Not only did I take my life back, but I ran with it!  Thank you just will never be enough.  Thanks you isn't enough for all the vets that are still paying it forward every day on this board and at OH.  If it weren't for all of you, I may not have even learned about the DS, and I certainly wouldn't have had the courage to learn more about the DS and the post op lifestyle.  I know it's not enough, but THANK YOU.  Thank you for answering what seemed like stupid questions, and the seemingly endless supply of questions I had for you!  Thank you for your kind, gently, hand-holding when I was a fresh post-op and needed it the most.

(deactivated member)
on 8/11/11 3:17 pm - Beverly, NJ
Hey there good lookin!

Thanks for sharing your before and afters. I live for pictures posted on this board. You look awesome!! Congrats!
(deactivated member)
on 8/12/11 12:12 am
Thanks VM!
elixir
on 8/11/11 3:27 pm - MI
 Happy surgiversary! You look wonderful. Just glowing. 

I am not like I was before. I thought that nothing would change me. ~Sinead O'Connor

(deactivated member)
on 8/12/11 12:13 am
Thank you, elixir!
(deactivated member)
on 8/11/11 3:31 pm - OH
CONGRATS!!!!  You look fantastic
(deactivated member)
on 8/12/11 12:14 am

Thank you, Barb!

orangecrushed
on 8/11/11 7:27 pm - Triad, NC
A lot happens in year!  I'm so glad that there have been tons of ups for you this year, rather than just a bunch of downs (I put the 132 lbs down in the "up's" category ).

You look amazing, and I'm happy that you have had such a turn around in your life... congrats!!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Join me here: weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/

(deactivated member)
on 8/12/11 12:16 am
All in all, I think even the downs have ended up being ups.  I came to the conclusion awhile ago, that the people that I have lost in my life, probably shouldn't have been there to begin with.  When I was heavy, I allowed those people in my life, and I allowed them to treat me badly, which was not healthy for me at all. 
MajorMom
on 8/11/11 7:37 pm - VA
Aww....Happy Surgiversary!!!  You look awesome!

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny