Dr Hustead Is On The Run Again!

Elizabeth N.
on 8/15/11 10:57 am - Burlington County, NJ
I wonder if Gitt was circling the drain, too.

goodkel
on 8/15/11 6:11 am

Charm is a powerful force.

You won't find a politician or successful captain of industry without it.

But, as he's discovered, you can only float along on it so much before people start noticing the hard data. That seems to be when he makes his retreat.
Check out my profile: http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/goodkel/
Or click on my name
DS SW 265 CW 120 5'7"

jlflbf
on 8/15/11 12:26 am - Shore Area, NJ
Please look into a different surgeon, read the recent post about the loss of Stephanie. Such a tragic lose.
Best of luck
Psyche
on 8/17/11 7:40 pm
Oy!

I had my DS with Husted in Sommerset, Kentucky in August 2009. I never did get the promised cell phone number - I was told to contact the hospital and they would page him. Let's just say that the local ER was quite upset when they could not reach him both times I ended up visiting when I was having some post-op complications. Neither of my primary care doctors have received the requested medical records. I had a hysterectomy in May and my hospital could not get copies of my records, either, which meant my surgery had to be more invasive. :(

I never could get emails or phone calls to the office returned. I finally gave up.

I got dumped and left to fend for myself post-op. Thank goodness I could advocate for myself and my primary care doctors like doing research. It could have been very ugly though.

My surgery turned out fine and I got the results I wanted, but he is not getting credit. Eff that. (And if I could figure out how to remove his name and retain my surgery date in my profile, I would.)

You just do not treat patients that way.
SW 280 / GW 150 / CW 128.8

Reconstructive surgery, under construction!

Lower Body Lift - 12/14/2011 - Atlanta VA Medical Center
Brachioplasty & Mastopexy w/Augmentation - 03/14/2012 - Dr Marisa Lawrence

Elizabeth N.
on 8/18/11 3:07 am - Burlington County, NJ
I am so glad you came out okay.

What would you think of contacting the new place with your story? You might save a few people from him.

Lisa A.
on 8/18/11 8:55 am - Windsor, NY
Run and don't look back. Please don't have this done in AZ. I don't understand how he is still allowed to practice with his track record. How can he do this to his patients and potential patients. He knows how long people wait and what they go through to get the DS and then he just ups and leaves without a care in the world. What kind of a doctor does this? It is so unethical in every sense of the word.

People, please don't be desperate and go to him. You have seen from the vets what he does. Listen, listen, listen.... your life is worth it.

zuzupetals2u2
on 8/18/11 9:23 am - Sedona, AZ
I have to add tho Husted did well by me with my DS surgery in Dec 2010 and I am very happy and had no complications. I did talk to him extensively about his reputation and the things from here and he was very defensive but he was believable in many ways. I know he had 2 lawsuits where they claimed getting only 20 cc common channels and he did mention how adaptive the common channels were after surgery some hardeneing and enlarging and shortening all in attempt to aborb more but how specific the measurings were and how many people asssited and doublechecked all his measuring as it was done. He was believable but once a reputation is ruined here I doubt the person can regain it. I looked at his experience and credentials too and he had alot more than most! I dont know why he has people problems tho he did seem a bit quiet unless you asked a lot of questions so perhaps he has communication breakdowns and not a strong staff.  I kept an open mind about him and I feel I made the right decision. Yes I don't have the best aftercare but I come here so I know I have to coordinate that myself. 

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

k9ophile
on 8/18/11 11:43 am
 He was believable but once a reputation is ruined here I doubt the person can regain it. (Italics mine.)

His reputation was and is ruined more than just here.  This is just one place where it can be more easily discussed.  I guess if someone asked me about my reputation, I'd be pretty defensive as well.  It's sad, but true; physicians do not move as much as he has in as little time unless there are big, big problems.  What people say here on this forum are the least of his problems with his reputation.

"Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us."  Stephen Covey

Don't litter!  Spay or neuter your pet

zuzupetals2u2
on 8/18/11 1:28 pm - Sedona, AZ
Perhaps but I feel lucky to have had him do my complicated revision from VBG to DS and it seemed like it didn't take many hours and I had no problems.

I wonder what happened this time-?? Maybe I will call my last number for him and see what I can find out . . I also wasn't given his cell phone number even tho he told me he gave it to all his patients. . .It was by a fluke I got it from AZWLS and they were denying knowing where he was until someone called while I stood in their office and asked for a DS and was given his number!!

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh