Dr Hustead Is On The Run Again!

Jolly Rancher
on 8/15/11 12:27 pm
Dr. Boyce is one, I think. Then there is......Dr. Houston, I believe. From my admitedly failing memory, I don't think either of them have ever been associated with Dr. Husted in any way. I could MOST certainly be wrong, but I think we've seen enough of their patients to say they are okay.
Janice

320/170/150
SW/CW/GW
scoob
on 8/16/11 1:30 am - Somerset, KY
I don't know much about that. When I was with his practice he was the only surgeon. I'm glad I found OH and what I've learned here makes me thankful. I think I dodged a bullet! There are a couple of  surgeons offering the DS in TN. I don't know them off hand but I know others would. Please don't use anyone not on the dsfacts.com list of vetted surgeons. It's just not worth the risk!!!

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

Imissthe80s
on 8/16/11 1:35 am - Louisville, KY
DS on 02/27/12
Roger that, Ruby.  I am only considering surgeons that are on the dsfacts list.

scoob
on 8/16/11 2:05 am - Somerset, KY
So happy to hear it! Good luck hon!

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

MsBatt
on 8/14/11 8:23 pm
I think it was Somerset, KY. I think he was somewhere in CA between TN and KY.
(deactivated member)
on 8/15/11 12:37 am - San Jose, CA
"I understand he used to enjoy an excellent reputation as a highly skilled DS surgeon. It is such a shame that he has fallen so far and is wasting those rare talents. He could be using that charm I've read about to good use by focusing it on the care of his patients."

From some things I've heard, a significant amount of his "excellent reputation" was a fiction created by Husted himself and/or by his female groupies.   His reputation with other surgeons, in particular those who observed him, may not be nearly as good.
Elizabeth N.
on 8/15/11 2:01 am - Burlington County, NJ
How do we find the information about his legal issues again? I remember that there was a nice chunk of stuff that was public, but not how to find it.

Along with my understanding about how good surgeons don't land in nine or ten places in six or seven years, it is also my understanding that when colleagues go stony silent or change the subject when a surgeon's name is brought up, it is the direct equivalent of, "The guy's a menace, run like hell"--for any of a zillion possible reasons.

Husted is a manipulator. He took up correspondence with me some time ago. Some of our correspondence was interesting and informative from a medical point of view. It was also VERY clear that he was turning on the charm in a way that he thought would win me over.

Elizabeth N.
on 8/15/11 8:36 am - Burlington County, NJ
Thanks, bookmarked!

(deactivated member)
on 8/15/11 9:02 am - San Jose, CA
I wonder what Dr. Gitt thinks of his "golden boy" now?

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/revision/4304455/Threats-f rom-Dr-Gitt-in-Husteds-practice/

Having failed to establish a DS practice with Schesinger and Husted, who is going to show up at his practice next?  Perhaps nobody - azwls.com now redirects to nvpsaz.com.  It appears Gitt is OUT of the WLS business.  Not sorry to see him go.