Liquid Multi-Vitamin? Help!

frankurban
on 8/11/11 8:58 am - CA
Thanks Renee!

That certainly has less B6. I see it also contains a lower amount of other suppliments. If I go with this one I may have to compliment it with a few other daily pills which isn't ideal.

I see it also contains Xanthan Gum. Is that an artificial sweetener? I'm trying to stay away from those.

If anyone else can refer to a lower B6 multi-vitamin, that's great. The more options I have the better. Thanks!

Frank
Renee2007
on 8/11/11 9:02 am - Central, FL
 I have never taken a liquid vitamin. My multi is Walmart's brand...Equate in pill form and it only has 2mg of vitamin B-6 in it. I take it twice a day. Have you tried dissolving a multi pill in water and then just drinking it? What are you using for your calcium. Most calcium pills are also large.

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

frankurban
on 8/11/11 9:08 am - CA
Renee,

I mix 2,000 mg of calcium citrate powder w/ the multi-vitamin in 8 oz of orange juice and 12 oz of water. I wash the rest of my suppliments down with that drink throughout the day.

Frank
Elizabeth N.
on 8/11/11 9:06 am - Burlington County, NJ
Frank, are you telling me that you can't swallow a Centrum? How about if it's cut in half? One of those twice a day would be oh, so superior to whatever liquid thing you're taking now.

frankurban
on 8/11/11 9:11 am - CA
Elizabeth,

I could swallow a Centrum tablet, sure, but from what I understand the quality of that brand and the absorption is nowhere near what you get with the more specialized multi's. Maybe this is an urban legend, but I've heard stories of people pasing Centrum, undigested, in their stool... poor absorption. I was taking Alive multi's before I switched to a comparable liquid.

Frank
Elizabeth N.
on 8/11/11 9:18 am - Burlington County, NJ

That's an utter urban legend. Quit wasting money on that overpriced stuff and use a nice complete basic multi in double the recommended adult daily dose. Or at least go to Twinlabs Daily One (no iron) twice a day. It'll be better for you anyhow because it's far more complete than any of these liquids are. Compare the labels. Spend money on stuff that counts like real A, D, K and E from Biotech (Vitalady's Tender brand among others).

beemerbeeper
on 8/11/11 1:03 pm - AL
Frank,

Centrum makes a perfectly good chewable.  Can't you take chewable vitamins?  And there is NO multivitamin that has anywhere NEAR what you need.  Multivitamiins are simply the BASE for the vitamins you need. 

~Becky