Two Weeks From Today!!!

J J the Jet Plane
on 8/10/11 12:40 pm
I go on Liquid/mushies Saturday -- how much did you lose in the 2 weeks if you don't mind me asking

I hope I do not kill anyone!  My husband and I have a pact to walk away for the next 2 weeks- no arguing over stupid stuff!

I get fruit and cottage cheese sugar free pudding etc.
Thanks
 JJ
(deactivated member)
on 8/10/11 12:55 pm - Beverly, NJ

Never be afraid of asking weight questions on here.  :)

I was 379 on June 23rd I started my liquid diet on the 25th.  At the time of my surgery I weighed 360.  So I lost 19 lbs. 

I was also in the midst of quitting smoking so things around here were tense to say the least.  We also had a walk away policy, although to this day I say she had it easier lol.  I shameless begged for Xanex before starting all of this.  I swear by the stuff.  

And yes your diet sounds AWESOME!  I was only allowed the shakes he gives you, broth and water. Honestly though, I know alot of people hate the 2 week pre-op diet but int he long run I am so thankful for it.  It really prepared me for how it was going to be immediately post-op.  I wrote a whole blog post about it. 
( http://thevanishingmom.blogspot.com/2011/07/its-not-physical-its-mental.html )

You're going to do fine.  Use the forums, they are a godsend for *****ing and whining when you don't think you can take it anymore. 

Congrats! I can't wait to follow your progress!

Jody W.
on 8/10/11 12:54 pm - Windsor, CT
I know what your feeling... I am less than a week away....so I am on the edge of my seat waiting to find out the time that I need to be there......I feel like I am coming out of my skin!!

Original LapBand Surgery - 07/26/06- DS Surgery - 08/16/2011
 HW/LW/SW/CW/GW
289/195/277.5/242.5/170

Nissa_M
on 8/10/11 1:11 pm - TX
Congrats! I'm the same day with Dr. Stewart! The emotional roller coaster is insane! We'll be on the other side soon! 
ShersJourney
on 8/11/11 7:21 am
Wait, so I actually have a surgery twin? :)  YAY!  Here's hoping it's uneventful for both of us!!!
larra
on 8/11/11 1:57 am - bay area, CA
Sherry, I'm so happy for you, crappy pre-op diet and all. It just means the surgery is really about to happen for you.
     Hang in there girl, you are almost to the finish line.

Larra
ShersJourney
on 8/11/11 3:06 am
The diet part of it doesn't bother me in the least, to be honest... I've intentionally done diets like the master cleanse in the past so this is fine in comparison IMO.  My only issue other than excitement and the OMG it's finally here factor is missing my Tony and that guilt that goes along with prolonging my life while his was stolen so young.  But.  I believe he's in a better place, and that this is what he'd want for me.  As long as I can keep that attitude; I should be fine :)
larra
on 8/12/11 12:07 am - bay area, CA
Tony would have been thrilled for you. Your working to improve your health and prolong your life does not detract from his life in any way. Stay strong.

Larra