What a ride

Renfairewench
on 8/9/11 7:24 am
Today is my two year surgeriversary and what a ride it's been. It started out rough with lots of post op complication that I dealt with for a year and a half, however, in December I had another operaton that finally fixed me.  Since then things have been really great. In total I lost 146 pounds. I've been dealing with a 15 pound bounce back, but that is being worked on and I feel confident that I will be back down to my lowest weight soon. Life is really great now and I feel wonderful. My most recent blood work shows mostly good levels. Yes, there are a few things that I need to get back to normal levels, but overall I'm doing well. I wouldn't change it for the world.

Blessings,
Maddie

HW (pre RNY) 430 HW (pre DS) 302 / SW 288 /
                          Lowest weight 157 / CW 161
GW 150
                "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight"

lwoznick
on 8/9/11 7:40 am - Green Bay, WI
Congratulations, Maddie, on the progress you've made! I know it's been a tumultuous journey for you and I thank you for sharing your experience with me before I undergo my revision. I really wish your recovery experience could've been easier for you but it seems despite everything you've been through, you continue to persevere. That's a testament to your tenacity! Thank you for being an inspiration to those of us who are pre-ops and newbies! I certainly appreciate your insight and feedback. May the years ahead bring you continued good health!

Warmest wishes,

Lisa
Renfairewench
on 8/9/11 8:35 am
I know it is a common phrase, but it is what it is. No one wants or expects complications, but there isn't much that you can do except to be compliant, listen to your doctors be educated, and always hold on and have hope.  A good attitude helps one heal, I'm sure of it.  I don't know why I had such issues, but the way I look at it is that I hope that my experience will educate those who persue a revision and know that it isn't always an easy road.  One must count the cost and you have to ask yourself a hard question of "is it worth it?"  No, somedays it wasn't, but it is now. I like where I am at and I'm pleased.

HW (pre RNY) 430 HW (pre DS) 302 / SW 288 /
                          Lowest weight 157 / CW 161
GW 150
                "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight"

Janine P.
on 8/9/11 7:41 am - Long Island, NY
You're pure inspiration, Maddie.  Congratulations!

Janine   Me on Youtube 

(deactivated member)
on 8/9/11 7:47 am - Beverly, NJ
Congratulations! I love reading your posts. They are always full of encouragement and advice. Thanks for being such an awesome inspiration!
MajorMom
on 8/9/11 8:38 am - VA
Happy surgiversary, Maddie! You are one classy lady. You have handled more than your fair share with a grace that awed us all.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

yorkieGal
on 8/9/11 9:44 am, edited 8/9/11 9:45 am - Clermont, FL
HI Maddie, you have really come through girl, I am so proud of your positive attitude.
As a fellow complicated leaker I know just how bleak it can feel in the middle of all the doctor appts and leak tests and tube feeding, so I also know just how good it feels to come out the other side!!

Lots of love and hugs to you girl, you SO deserve them!!

Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

teachmid
on 8/9/11 9:54 am - OKC, OK
Congratulations. You are an inspiration and one strong woman!
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 8/9/11 10:01 am
Wow. This really is a nice update. 

I used to open your threads, thinking your problems were solved, and was horrified over and over when those posts revealed your nightmare was just continuing. It was like you just couldn't get a break. 

This is so good to hear, and you really deserve a smooth ride from now on.

MomToTeens
on 8/9/11 10:38 am - OH
Happy Surgiversary Maddie!!   What a long way you've come!

Susan
RNY:  05/24/2005     SW:  270, lowest:  190,  Back up to:  230
Revision to DS:  07/24/2011  SW:230/CW:181/GW:140

"Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there!"
Will Rogers

Recent Topics