How much bacon do you eat a day?

Chad M.
on 8/8/11 4:56 am - Indianapolis, IN
Usually half a pound at breakfast.
StacyAnn07
on 8/8/11 4:58 am - Del City, OK
We can eat bacon???? And alot of it?!?!? Are you guys eating anything along with the bacon or is that just your meal? Bacon is like my favorite food lol. I'm a newbie here so this is news to me.

teachmid
on 8/8/11 6:35 am - OKC, OK
Stacy,
I tend to eat the same thing every morning.....a double protein shake and bacon. On weekends I may have eggs.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

beemerbeeper
on 8/8/11 8:37 am - AL
I eat bacon and fried cheese.  Bacon and eggs.  Bacon and omlettes.  Bacon in egg casseroles.  Bacon mini crustless quiches.

And I even eat cold bacon like beef jerky.

~Becky

Fade2Pink
on 8/8/11 5:13 am - Salt Lake City, UT
I eat 4 pieces of bacon nearly every morning for breakfast, today I had only 2, with some scrambled eggs.  I'm having 2 more pieces for lunch with a hamburger patty, 2 pieces of cheese and a half a whole wheat bun. 

Bacon is kind of a "health food" for many of us DSers.  Since we are not absorbing all the fat, and getting so much flavor and protein from it, it's kind o*****o-food for us.  You will actually see many creative ways of using bacon if your around the forum much.  Some of it kind of surprising!
Duodenal Switch 4/29/09
Loving my DS!!

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 8/8/11 6:27 am
 I rarely eat bacon, since for some reason I went from being ravenous for salt presurgery, to hating salt after surgery. No idea what's going on, but that took the joy of bacon away. Well, except I can occasionally get my mitts on some low salt, nitrate free stuff at one butcher. I only manage to get that a few times a year.

EN posted about crock potting some meat and onions the other day, so I'm noshing on about 6 lbs of shredded BBQ beef w/caramelized onions today. And probably for the rest of the week.

(deactivated member)
on 8/8/11 9:09 am - OH
do you have a link to the recipe? Sounds tasty!
Amy Farrah Fowler
on 8/8/11 12:08 pm
 Her post is abou halfway down the page. 

I chose beef, but sounds like you can use any meat. I've now had it slathered in BBQ, and just now in Korean bulgogi sauce. It is soo yummy.
Terri553
on 8/8/11 8:21 am
Just because I can! Cook 4 slices bacon until crisp and drain. Stir into 1 stick softened butter. Great on veggies, steak, potatoes, anything else that floats your boat!
elixir
on 8/8/11 8:50 am - MI
I've eaten bacon a couple of times since surgery but found it to be so salty that I didn't really enjoy it. I'm going to have to buy some reduced sodium bacon. I loved bacon before surgery, but not nearly as much now.

I am not like I was before. I thought that nothing would change me. ~Sinead O'Connor

Recent Topics