DS in Mexico

mrios1029
on 8/9/11 12:27 am - Cleveland, OH
VSG on 12/03/12
Ive been thinking about a revision from vsg to the DS. I want to know If anybody has had a DS in Mexico and who did it . I know Dr. Ungson is one of them, but I wanted to know of any others there . If any of you had another doctor how was your experience?

Thanks
(deactivated member)
on 8/9/11 1:18 am - Lancaster, OH
Ungson.  Ungson, Ungson, Ungson.

The surgeon you have listed under your name has SERIOUSLY SCREWED UP SOME PEOPLE.

If you value your health more than a couple of thousand dollars, you will only consider Dr. Ungson as a DS surgeon in Mexico.
(deactivated member)
on 8/9/11 1:38 am - Lancaster, OH
And, here is a link to the latest train wreck of Almanza's:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/amos/4435172/NO-Weight-Los s-yet-15-days-post-op-ds-help-me-understand/action,replies/t opic_id,4435172/page,1/

For some reason, she won't post on the DS board, but if you read the link, and then read THE OTHER post she made (linked within the above post), you will see just how messed up his DS patients can be.

SEXYBBW is another OH member who "thinks" he did a DS on her, but she has no clue, really, about what surgery she had, or about how to live afterward.

(deactivated member)
on 8/9/11 1:37 am
What Caprice said!!!! ^^^^

There is only one vetted DS surgeon in Mexico, Dr. Ungson, that's it. period!

Michele
beemerbeeper
on 8/9/11 2:32 am - AL
Only Ungson.  NO ONE ELSE.  

~Becky

mrios1029
on 8/9/11 2:42 am - Cleveland, OH
VSG on 12/03/12
Thanks everybody. I haven't been able to reach Dr. Ungson . Any phone numbers or contact information for him?
(deactivated member)
on 8/9/11 2:49 am - Lancaster, OH
try this:

[email protected]

Luz is one of his "right-hand" people.  Unfortunately, when I was there, she wasn't, so I've not met her, but I've heard many people sing her praises.  She or Dr. Ungson will respond to your e-mail.

Happy trails.
Amy Farrah Fowler
on 8/9/11 2:48 am
 I have no issues about leaving the country for surgery, and did so myself. It all comes down to good or bad surgeons. The ones listed under your name, are BAD, seriously frikkin bad. Don't go there.

Having a revision (sort of, you have half of a DS, so I don't really consider this a revision) I'd only go to Ungson if you want this surgery in MX. 

I know this is the same thing everyone else just said, but I'm repeating it, because in THIS case, it is the ONLY choice.
Ms. Cal Culator
on 8/9/11 3:01 am - Tuvalu

Wait a minute, wait a minute...you HAVE the sleeve and you've lost 80 pounds and now your BMI is only 34-ish and you want the full DS to lose the last 50-60 pounds?

mrios1029
on 8/9/11 3:10 am - Cleveland, OH
VSG on 12/03/12
I've lost 60 lbs . I want to weigh about 170 lbs . Doctors say I should weigh about 150 . I was about 290 before surgery. I'm currently weighing 230-233lbs . I have gained 7 lbs. I'm 5'8 . It's getting frustrating because I eat my proteins but I get very hungry.