Last Supper--

J J the Jet Plane
on 8/8/11 9:10 am
Now that I am almost to the starting gate.... surgery in a few weeks. 

This week my friends are having a "Last Supper" for me- anything I want can be arranged.  (B****hey are being very supportive. ) The weird thing is, I feel like I chose the best surgery for me, which in time, will allow me to have what I want- in moderation.    So I am having a hard time coming up with a menu, because I really do not feel deprived at this point. 

I have been low carbing for several months, so bread and pasta come to mind.  I for sure would like to have some ice cream or normal Milk etc. 

The only thing I could remotely come up with was pasta and bread.
If you had to choose a "last supper" what would you chose now?  What gives you trouble, that you wish did not? 

Thank you for all your helpful advice!
JJ

butercup
on 8/8/11 2:31 pm - Kennewick, WA
Italian overload. Delish!
Jody W.
on 8/8/11 2:38 pm - Windsor, CT
Tour of Italy from the Olive Garden!!

Original LapBand Surgery - 07/26/06- DS Surgery - 08/16/2011
 HW/LW/SW/CW/GW
289/195/277.5/242.5/170

beth-28
on 8/8/11 2:55 pm
I don't know what I'd have for the meal, but dessert would have to be something chocolate. Maybe my mother's 7 layer chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream on the side. Yum!
When push comes to shove....shove hard!

Never regret anything, because at one time it was exactly what you wanted.

Panda ..
on 8/8/11 3:24 pm
Sarah_Anne
on 8/8/11 5:17 pm
I would go for white carby things like pasta and garlic bread (ohhhh and pizza!) and lots of dairy.  Chances are you will have gas when eating flour so that is what I would eat.  I can still eat the flour things I just choose not to so I can keep the boyfriend around....

Have fun!
 HW 315/ SW 297 /CW 173 /GW 150, size 8/10, 5'8 tall  (Updated December 1)
Lisa A.
on 8/8/11 8:01 pm - Windsor, NY
I would go to the Chinese buffet. This may sound gross to some, but I loved chinese buffet (obviously). Now it is just a big waste of money for me to go to a buffet. I even find now that chinese made with MSG gives me a nauseous feeling pretty instantly.  So my choice would be chinese.

CarolZ
on 8/9/11 12:28 am - Atlanta, GA
I'd go for Prime Rib, loaded baked potato, and yummy bread with lots of butter!  And Chocolate Decadence with ice cream for dessert!

Best wishes to you honey, it's great on the other side!
Carol

Height 5'4.5"
HW 283  SW 263 LW 119 CW 147 GW 135  
NOT EVEN OVERWEIGHT - Just "normal" for the first time since 1989:)

dranoa
on 8/9/11 5:15 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
 I'm only 1 week post-op, so right now i'm craving anything in a solid form :) 

But my one regret was not having supped at my favorite Sushi Buffet, Minado's.
Fresh sushi, seafood, noodle dishes, fresh crepes for dessert, an entire display of bitesize cakes and ice cream to choose from. 

I was shocked (stupidly) at how rubbish the carb:protein ratio of sushi was. And as the other vets above me stated, buffets will be wasted on me now. 

All the best of finding the right meal for your last supper. I made ribeye fajita's, bean and cheese burritos, homemade guacamole... I should have planned better. I was thinking of my favorte foods for flavor, NOT what i'd be missing out on in the future. 

Good luck with your pre-op diet and surgery! 
Alex
Recent Topics