Insurance Update

(deactivated member)
on 8/6/11 9:51 am
DS on 02/01/12
I don't want to count my chickens before they have hatched, but I'm excited so I wanted to give you all an update.

I previously posted that there was a possibility that my husband was going to be laid off from his job. Consequently, we would be losing our health insurance. Well, yesterday it happened. While we're sad that he is no longer working for his former employer, we're not devastated. See, yesterday morning (right before getting laid off), my husband received another job offer. The new job pays considerably more than the old one, and it is going to be enough to cover the cost of COBRA and then some (new furniture, debt payoff, and new "skinny" wardrobe anyone?) Had he not have gotten the job, we wouldn't be ok with him being laid off. We have an 11 month old baby, and I'm a stay-at-home mom and full-time student, so there is no way that I could have gotten a job. With me not having a degree yet, the cost of daycare wouldn't be worth me working.

Our insurance lasts through the end of the month, and then we're picking up our COBRA. My first appt with Dr. Stewart is on Thursday. This will also be my my second month of a pre-op insurance required diet. I'm very excited and at peace with getting my surgery. Oh, and I went to the doctor yesterday and found out I have lost 2 lbs. Good news all around!

Now if only I could stop freaking out over the idea of pulmonary emboli post-op...
MajorMom
on 8/6/11 10:01 am - VA
Sounds like things are coming together. Hang tough!

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

pycca
on 8/6/11 11:41 am - Haslet, TX
Good luck !!!and hang in there !! 

as far as the post op... just walk as soon as you can and KEEP on trucking !!!

Dr Stewart is a great doc,, very thorough..
LuckyLibrarian
on 8/6/11 11:46 am - Plumerville, AR
Congrats! Keep can't wait to hear about your consultation!

Kristen
(deactivated member)
on 8/6/11 1:05 pm - Beverly, NJ
Everything happens for a reason even if you have to get dirty before you can see it.
I'm soo glad everything is working out for you and tell hubby CONGRATS on the job offer!!!
And way to go at your appointment! You sound like your doing awesome!
Recent Topics