Thank Goddness for the Meds and Bidet

dranoa
on 8/5/11 12:28 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
I have seen little of my house since I've been home and plenty of my toilet. Please tell me this high colonic period will pass. As for the nausea, thanks to Vanishing Mom's suggestion, I have asked for anti-nausea meds. I am just praying they kick in. The liquid percoset doesn't seem to knock me out and all I want to do is sleep through this.

Drinking water trying to keep hydrated which is difficult considering how much water is passing from my bum.

Please let ne know this is normal or will pass I was doing so well at the hospital but the return home has been utterly difficult.

Alex
(deactivated member)
on 8/5/11 1:34 pm - Beverly, NJ
It'll eventually pass. Once you start taking your iron and calcium it won't be as frequent. What are you eating/drinking? If you have a fever call Dr. G, Diarrhea plus nausea plus a fever is no good.

Glad to hear you got the Zofran. It's good stuff, if it's not working for you call Dr. G. He'll prescribe you something else. Percocet didn't make me sleepy just relaxed. I took half a xanex (.5) and that put me to sleep. Once I started the Zofran, that made me sleepy too.

Have you tried room temp water? I also liked some lemon juice in mine. You can also try decaf tea and soup, they all count toward fluid intake. Just stay away from caffeine. I've heard to stay away from Crystal Light too but I know it's debatable. I know I rely on Crystal Light because after two bottles of water it starts to be bland. So I water down some Crystal Light and am able to finish my intake. I also only like the Crystal Light Naturals (I can't stand the artificial flavored ones)

Just remember that your guts are pissed at you right now. They're not sure what just happened and everything is trying to adjust so be very of mindful of everything that passes through your lips. Even gum can play a role in how your belly is acting. If you have questions about any of what your eating/drinking ask the vets.

Hopefully someone else will chime in since I'm pretty new myself too.

Oh and for the water intake, dont freak out. It is hard to drink early out. Just focus on sipping. Elizabeth made a great post on how to get in your 64oz. Read it for ideas (and yes I sat with a gallon of water and did this POST-OP while watching a movie):
http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/DS/4213311/ATTENTION-PREOPS-How-to-ingest-64-oz-of-fluids-in-a-day-by/
Mel_Ga
on 8/5/11 2:46 pm
I am only 16 days out and that seems like a distant memory!  I had to eat some things with a little substance to them before it went away.  They pushed so many fluids in the hospital that my body had lots of fluids to get rid of too. I was worried just like you, but now I am free to leave my house!
Diane Davis
on 8/7/11 5:38 pm
So glad you're home and surgery was a success.

I'm a preop, so I have no advice for you, other than my well wishes that this will soon pass.
 My  is Jewels.  Love her very much!            
Lisa A.
on 8/7/11 9:45 pm - Windsor, NY

I can only speak for myself but the first thing I ditched that was causing me to have nausea was the liquid percoset. I hated that sleepy, dopey feeling and it definately made me nautious. I could deal with the pain.

I also got very dehydrated and had runny poop. Just really concentrate on keeping hydrated. I had to go to the hospital for fluids. It's really hard to believe unless you've been through it how hard it is to drink in this stage. People were like "Just drink" which is easier said than done when I was throwing up even water.

I did well in the hospital and this all hit me on my second day home. It is a really easy journey for some (as you will read on here) and a really hard one for some (me). Just take it day by day. I ended up taking my anti-nausea meds and I ate frozen pops and I also froze snapple and ate it like a slussie. The bottle does not crack in your freezer and I swear I survived on this. Whenever I felt sick, I just ate a pop.

I also ended up having more tests and it was determined I had severe reflux (which I never had before surgery) and I had to go on an acid reducer. For me personally and remember everyone is different, I didn't feel better for 6 months. I threw up each and every day for six months. I also  went back to work after 3 weeks and that was so tough. Just take it slowly, one day at a time.

Recent Topics