j-tube

dana712
on 8/5/11 9:57 am
Hi All
I hevw swelling, redness,and a yellow discharge near my j-tube.Any advice on what to do?

Thanks Dana
Elizabeth N.
on 8/5/11 10:00 am - Burlington County, NJ
Call your surgeon RIGHT NOW and if you do not get an INSTANT response calling you in for treatment, go to the ER. Do not delay. This is almost assuredly an infection. Please update us when you get back. I would like very much to be wrong about this.

I repeat: THIS IS NOT A WAIT AND SEE ITEM. THIS IS URGENT AND ABOUT TO BECOME EMERGENT. GO RIGHT NOW.

dana712
on 8/5/11 10:27 am
Hi
I just e-mailed Dr. K I had my revision in ca with Dr. K. I live in NYC.

Thanks
Dana
larra
on 8/5/11 10:33 am - bay area, CA
Any decent ER doc should be able to look at the area around the J-tube and determine whether or not it looks infected. And if the ER doc can't, they can ask a surgeon to take a look. General surgeons place J-tubes and other types of drains all the time.
     I love Dr. K but no one can make this diagnosis by email. Get to the ER and get the treatment you need.

Larra
Elizabeth N.
on 8/5/11 1:16 pm - Burlington County, NJ
Ah okay. Then: ER RIGHT NOW. DO NOT DELAY.

teachmid
on 8/5/11 10:33 am - OKC, OK
Dana,
Call the office number and the answering service will put you through to him
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

walter A.
on 8/5/11 10:34 am, edited 8/5/11 10:37 am - lafayette, NJ
wa**** with peroxide, and use  a atibiotic oitment utitl your doctor responds, i had one for 12 weeks post op, it was wonderful, until it developed small infection at the achor stich and  i was done with it anyway. so my pcp just pulled. it out no biggie.

dana712
on 8/5/11 12:08 pm
Hi All
   I just spoke to DR. K. and he said that is drainage. Told me to put Maalox on it. I put the maalox and it feels good.

Dana
Jennifer D.
on 8/5/11 1:49 pm
Like the maalox you drink for upset stomach, heart burn, indigestion?
                                      Jennifer
          Thank you Cheri and Holly!
       Think twice, cut once! I've had 3 surgeries now, RNY, VSG and DS .
                                Ask me about the DS or visit dsfacts.com
2002 - RNY
2010 - RNY to VSG
2011 - Full DS-August 24th
                HW 311   SW 306  CW 235  GW 150
dustydeer
on 8/6/11 1:24 am
I leaked yellow all the time from my Jtube and it was gut juices for lack of a better way to explain it.
But it shouldn't be red and swollen....is it painful or just sore?

You'll learn the difference between that gunk and infection. I'd just hate for you to learn the hard way.

5'1 HW 298 CW 118

"Making America skinny, one slap atta time!" -Slap Chop Dude