Tomorrow is the first day....

kathie09
on 8/4/11 9:13 am - not available
of the rest of my life. I can't believe it is finally here.

I started this journey about 27 years ago.....when I was just 12. That is the first time I knew that I was different than everyone else. My parents helped me join Diet Center, as they had been concerned about their obese child for a while. I weighed in at approximately 120 pounds, and I was about 5'3". Diet Center did nothing for me.

Now here I am at almost 40 years of age. I have a BMI of 43, and my comorbidities are high blood pressure, diabetes and sleep apnea. I also have degenerative disc disease. I am so thankful that this miraculous opportunity to change my life is available. I feel so grateful that it almost completely outweighs the nervousness and anxiety that I am having right now.

My prayer is that this will be all that I need it to be. I am so hopeful that my diabetes issues will be gone. I am so hopeful that my back will recover and that I can live with less pain. I am so hopeful that my energy will return, and that I will become the mom that my children have never known.

Thank you to everyone who has helped me on this journey. I read the boards almost religiously, and I feel that I need to mention the following people who have had a such a powerful impact on my life;
Kerry J
Maria
Julie R
Inge
Michelle
Lisa (LH 1970)
Linda F
Diana Cox
Yorkie
Kirmy
Elizabeth
Caprice
Vitalady...

This list could go on. I just remember when I first started reading that I watched the people above day in and day out - wondering if their experiences would ever be mine.

Thanks to all of you who spend your extra time paying it forward, I found a way to live again.....and I just can't wait for it all to begin.
kathie09
teachmid
on 8/4/11 9:21 am - OKC, OK
Kathie,
You are going to be amazed with your new life. Just remember that the first few weeks suck!

Best wishes tomorrow. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

kathie09
on 8/4/11 6:14 pm - not available
Thank you Gail! I can't tell you how much your post means to me. I am up with the jitters, and after I read this again I thought "okay, she obviously wouldn't have sent this if she had any regrets for having the DS"....so I am going to go get back in bed and stop fretting!!!

Thanks for being so wonderful. I really appreciate your posts.
kathie09
(deactivated member)
on 8/4/11 9:49 am - Beverly, NJ
Good luck tomorrow. I can't wait to see your first Dark Side update!
(deactivated member)
on 8/4/11 9:53 am
 That 's fantastic. I'll be swinging my kitties for you. Good thoughts coming your way.

I know you will do wonderful.

Inge
KarenFlorida
on 8/4/11 10:57 am - Orlando, FL
Good luck!

Karen
Join me! weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi

Janine P.
on 8/4/11 11:24 am - Long Island, NY
Best of luck, Kathie!!

Janine   Me on Youtube 

lk1970
on 8/4/11 11:28 am
Good luck honey! I'll be thinking of you! I'm moving down and makin room for you!!
HUGS!
Lisa

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says "oh crap! she's up!

kathie09
on 8/4/11 11:53 am - not available
Thanks friends! I am so excited about tomorrow, and yet somehow I am still a nervous wreck. OY.

Lisa!...I got your screen name wrong. It should be LK not LH whoops!

Thanks to all of you for being so amazing. Can't wait to sit on the bench with all of you.
kathie09
April M.
on 8/4/11 11:54 am - MI
Good luck and swinging kitties for you... you'll do just fine. See you on the loser's bench!

~April~                                             5'7" 
       2 Part DS                   BMI: S/C/G    59.3/33.5/24.9   

Part 1: 3/14/11                HW/SW#1/SW#2/CW/GW      
    Part 2: 7/14/11                  
379/366/319/214/

Recent Topics