I've got a date for my DS!!!

lwoznick
on 8/4/11 6:12 am - Green Bay, WI
I just got a call from Dr. Buchwald's office and my revision surgery date is scheduled for Sept. 6! Yeah! I'm so excited! I want to thank all of your for responding to my past questions about revising from the RNY to the DS. I'm sure I'll have more questions as the time draws nearer. I'm so appreciative of those of you who post all of the pre-op and newbie links. I've been reading and saving those as I prepare for my surgery day. I just want to thank all of you again for the valuable information/insight/support you dispense. I enjoy reading the DS message boards daily and am excited to soon be joining your ranks as a DS'er!

Warmest wishes,

Lisa
(deactivated member)
on 8/4/11 6:25 am - Lancaster, OH
That's great news!  September will be here before you know it!
lwoznick
on 8/4/11 6:45 am - Green Bay, WI
Thanks, Caprice! Wow, I didn't realize you live in Lancaster. I used to live in The Plains, Ohio...near Athens and worked in Lancaster. I moved back home to Green Bay, Wisconsin in June 2010 but had been in SE Ohio for 7 plus years prior to that for grad school and work.  What a small world!

Lisa
Jody W.
on 8/4/11 6:55 am - Windsor, CT
AWESOME!!!  I know that it feels great to get that phone call!! YAHOOOOO!!

Original LapBand Surgery - 07/26/06- DS Surgery - 08/16/2011
 HW/LW/SW/CW/GW
289/195/277.5/242.5/170

lwoznick
on 8/4/11 7:18 am - Green Bay, WI
Thanks, Jody! Good luck with your surgery too! I see it's coming up on Aug. 16. Originally, they were going to try to schedule me for that date, but it didn't work out. The extra couple of weeks will do me good in terms of giving me more time to prepare. Are you excited/nervous or both about your upcoming surgery?

Warmest wishes,

Lisa
MomToTeens
on 8/4/11 7:26 am - OH
How exciting!  You're on your way!

Good luck :)

Susan
RNY:  05/24/2005     SW:  270, lowest:  190,  Back up to:  230
Revision to DS:  07/24/2011  SW:230/CW:181/GW:140

"Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there!"
Will Rogers

lwoznick
on 8/4/11 7:29 am - Green Bay, WI
Thanks, Susan! Can't wait to join you on the loser's bench!

Warmest wishes,

Lisa
(deactivated member)
on 8/4/11 7:53 am
Congratulations on your big news!!!! Best of luck with the surgery too!
lwoznick
on 8/4/11 10:43 am - Green Bay, WI
Thank you, Lynmarie! I certainly hope and pray that you get approval for your surgery too. It's such a hassle playing the waiting game and jumping through all of the insurance company hoops.

Warmest wishes,

Lisa
(deactivated member)
on 8/4/11 1:10 pm
Thanks, I hope so too!  As a former employee of a large health insurer I can say with full confidence - they suck.  Until the agree to do it and pay, that is.  :)

Sending warm thoughts and prayers your way for your big day!!!!  Same say as my hubby's 50th birthday! So we'll be celebrating that day and so will you!!!!
Recent Topics