Yet another poop question

(deactivated member)
on 8/2/11 12:13 pm - Beverly, NJ

I know you all love these around here :)

I still have very soft stools.  I know it's normal, I'm totally ok with it.  My question is, when do they start to resemble normal poop again?  I have a fissure and hemorrhoids (have always been prone to the roids) so going to the bathroom is rather uncomfortable to start with already, add in the fire hose I got going on back there and by the time I'm done I'm ready to pass out from the pain.  I pick up my cream and tucks tomorrow, finally some relief!  Any other suggestions?

BTW while we're on that region, I'm having fun lighting up the house with my gas.  We're rather open around here and having a farting contest is nothing new.  I have been the proud winner for a week now :)  (OMG I cant believe I just admitted this in public, but WTH right?)

(deactivated member)
on 8/2/11 12:21 pm - Stockton, CA
I'm a lil over 5 months out and my poops are still on the soft side...kinda fluffy...I think I've only had maybe 2 poops (since my DS) that resembled "Normal poop". I'm still pretty new though...I'm sure some vets will chime in ...but so far that's how mine are lookin
(deactivated member)
on 8/2/11 12:35 pm - Yorktown, VA
You say soft and then you say fire hose......which is it?  Soft (like say a thick pudding) is normal for DSers.  Liquid shooting out like a fire hose is not.

I had ass issues at one time and the only thing that helped was a prescritpion cream from my doc.  Is this what you're getting?

Gas is usually related to your diet (and liquid poos might be, too).  It could be carbs (specifically flour and sugar) or dairy.  An elimination diet will usually help identify the culprit.

Good luck!
beemerbeeper
on 8/2/11 12:56 pm - AL
You are so early out that your poops are going to be your poops I'm afraid.  Usually they will firm up with more solid foods and with more calcium but not always.  Limiting fat early out might help.  And definitely you want to avoid acidic foods like tomato based anything and other acidic foods.

As for gas the culprits might be:
sugar alchohols (hidden in things like chewy vites)
wheat gluten (everywhere)
lactose
and just carbs/sugar

Starting the DS with a fissure?  I'm so sorry.  You may want to be looking for a good butt doc.

~Becky

(deactivated member)
on 8/2/11 2:27 pm - Beverly, NJ
I'm really careful about what I've been eating. I'm not gassy to the point of it hurting so I'm not worried too much. If anything my 9 year old thinks his mom is cool because she can fart better than him pre DS everything made me gassy. The only thing I could think of right now that might make me gassy is the BA vitamin samples I've thrown into my stash. If I had painful gas I would definitely check my diet.

As for the poop. Yeah, I figured it was normal. I was aware it would happen when I was pre-op. I was just curious. It doesnt bother more than it can be uncomfortable with my other issues. Oh and BTW it's fluffy and soft and normally I go about 2 to 3 times a day and when I go I say fire hose because its like someone turned on a faucet that won't stop and when you have a fissure it feels like a fire hose going off down there. Which is oddly enough very similar to pre-op except for the consistency. I've always been a great pooper

Yes the cream is prescription hemorrhoid cream which I've used before. Ever since my son was born I've been prone to them. I've also had a fissure. I did have a butt doctor and I think it's time I go back.

Thanks everyone!
April M.
on 8/2/11 3:26 pm - MI
"BTW while we're on that region, I'm having fun lighting up the house with my gas. We're rather open around here and having a farting contest is nothing new. I have been the proud winner for a week now :) (OMG I cant believe I just admitted this in public, but WTH right?)"

***LOVE IT****  

~April~                                             5'7" 
       2 Part DS                   BMI: S/C/G    59.3/33.5/24.9   

Part 1: 3/14/11                HW/SW#1/SW#2/CW/GW      
    Part 2: 7/14/11                  
379/366/319/214/

sdld2001
on 8/3/11 12:20 am - Summerville, SC
I'm 7 months out and still have fluffy pudding poop. I've never had a 'normal" turd since surgery and really that's a-okay with me.

Are you on an acid blocker? I've noticed that if I'm late or miss my prilosec that it burns. My bottom doesn't actually burn but the poop burns my bottom if that makes since.
Mindee

HW - 274 / SW - 265 / CW - 178 / GW 140          High BMI 53.5 / Current BMI 34.8