Nutritional guidelines after surgery/sorry-long

Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 8/2/11 11:24 am, edited 8/2/11 11:25 am
Dreamofpeace- Following that advice will kill you. I'm glad that you came to this thread for more info. Sadly a lot of NUTs don't know enough about the DS and they just force a RNY diet on you assuming it will be ok- but it will not and it would lead to severe malnutrition in a DS patient. For the DS high protein and high fat are crucial to survival, not to mention the vites needed are different. There's a lot of good info on this board about what to eat for the DS, read that and dump the NUT :)
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

(deactivated member)
on 8/3/11 12:23 am - Lancaster, OH
Regarding vitamins:

Please review the thoughtful responses you received to your question about vitamins that you posted last week:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/DS/4429475/How-many-daily- vitamins-Insurance-coverage/#36613038

You really need to follow the suggestion to take a look at Vitalady's vitamin recommendations.

And, yeah, the nutritionist is giving you instructions that will eventually sicken and kill you.
Jody W.
on 8/3/11 5:05 am - Windsor, CT
Obviously this is not the right information....

but on the flip side of it ... I just look at the appointments with these NUTS as a means to an end.... like we have to go to these appointments to get our surgery... Take the advice with a grain of salt and get the right information here....

Original LapBand Surgery - 07/26/06- DS Surgery - 08/16/2011
 HW/LW/SW/CW/GW
289/195/277.5/242.5/170