Getting my DS!!

Chad M.
on 8/2/11 2:31 am - Indianapolis, IN
Good for you! If no one can get this information for you, I'll make sure a couple of Ungson's patients see it and help you get in touch with him.
larra
on 8/2/11 3:06 am - bay area, CA
I don't have that info, but if you start a new thread asking his patients for assistance, I'm sure someone has it.
    Dr. Ungson operates in Hermicillo. I probably spelled that wrong, sorry. He does not operate in TJ, which IMHO is a good thing.

Larra
levittown_loser
on 8/2/11 3:11 am - Levittown, PA
He does NOT do surgery in TJ.   Nor would I want to have surgery in TJ.    It's not a safe place to recover in my opinion.

Dr. U - [email protected]

Luz (coordinator) [email protected]

HW 341/SW 309/CW 169/GW 190   172 lb. loss with my DS -  Subscribe to me on YouTube!
Plastics with Dr. Sauceda 1-11-11 Lower Body Lift, Thigh Lift, Upper Body Lift, Arm Lift and Male Breast Reduction

If you are a MALE and are interested in MALE PLASTICS AFTER WLS click to join our OH Group!

beemerbeeper
on 8/2/11 4:00 am - AL
Dawn,

You don't want to even be in TJ. 

~Becky

teachmid
on 8/2/11 2:27 am - OKC, OK
Dawn
You are in Kansas. I know that you are looking at Mexico, but have you looked at Dr. Daryl Stewart in Denton, TX. He is an excellent DS surgeon and has self pay options.

We all just want you to be safe and healthy.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

(deactivated member)
on 8/2/11 3:06 am - San Jose, CA
I have been assured that you have an email from the US option we discussed.
kramer5
on 8/2/11 3:09 am - Washington, KS
Yes, I just received it...thank you sooo much!

Dawn
(deactivated member)
on 8/2/11 4:00 am
Larissa P.
on 8/2/11 4:41 am - Denton, TX
Hello Dawn!

You've really gotten a lot of responses, and they are passionate.

Let me tell you, some of the very people on this thread were preaching the same thing to me several years ago! There are one or two that like to smack me upside the head (and probably still do :p).

When I was in your position, I had been looking for surgery for years. I was so miserable. I was desperate. So many times I was *this* close to getting it, only for everything to fall through. I was over 300 pounds, yet it was the weight of the world judging me that was most painful to bear.

I knew about Ungson, oh yes I did. But, see, Ungson doesn't have savvy marketers. In fact, it was kind of hard to get a hold of his office (but not impossible). Whereas ... another surgeon in TJ had an American liason that called and emailed me constantly. Gave me discounts. Made me feel real comfortable with a surgeon that had just moved offices and hospitals, too (shoulda been a red flag). Read my blog. I refuse to remove the stupid crap and rationalization I wrote, because I want others to see the stupidity behind it all.

Ok, when I got there I was in a small hospital without proper pain care first of all. (No advanced techniques such as using a PICC line - I have horrible veins - or a pain medication control pump - I was forced to wait for the nurses to bring me pain medicine. Nurses who didn't speak English.) I had two IVs go bad - when I left the hospital my left arm was wrapped in ace bandage from hand to elbow because it was swollen 3 times the size with fluids.

Ok, so I get home and within a couple of weeks I am having issues. Long story short, my stomach healed shut. Sealed itself off. I'll never know if I am just a super scar tissue maker or if the sleeve was cut too tight, or a combination. But I was forced to the hospital emergency rooms 8 times over 4 months as no doctor would help me without insurance or money while I slowly starved to death (food nor vitamins and very little fluid could pass through) and dehydrated to the point that my electrolyts were off and my kidneys were going to fail. I actually had to go to the media to get help and found a doctor who took me through the emergency room and gave me life saving surgery. Even then I had to get a stent post-op because my stomach was trying to heal shut again. I was weak and miserable for a total of 8 months.

Over a year after my second surgery, I'm in good health again. I am rabid with my vitamins (especially since I have no money to get labs at the moment). I take my protein daily. I eat reasonable amounts of food.

However, I have collection agencies calling me daily. I'm in debt for at least $75k. My credit is ruined. I'm extremely lucky that in Texas they cannot garnish your wages or put a lein on your property, but they CAN sue me and freeze bank accounts (all I can hope for is they won't bother to do so because it is expensive to sue and they won't do it if they think there is no money to grab).

And my TJ doctor? Refused to talk to me. Refused to follow up. Refused to help.

If I had gone to Ungson, 1) I probably wouldn't have complications in the first place and 2) he would have followed up and helped me if I did. To this day it boggles my mind why I was so stupid not to go with the experienced one.

Please make a list of reasons why you would NOT go with the best there is?
Duodenal Switch hybrid due to complications.

Click! > DS Documents ~ VitaLady.com ~ DSFacts.com ~ OH DS FB
kramer5
on 8/2/11 4:59 am - Washington, KS
Larissa,

Thank you for speaking to me from the heart, it brought tears to my eyes. 

After a lot of thought I realize that I feel so unloveable and unworthy that I feel guilty spending any more on myself than I have to.  I am actively pursuing trying to get ahold of Dr. U and I've gotten in contact with the people that Diana hooked me up with and I understand that even if I feel that way about myself my family doesn't.  I feel guilty that my father is having to pay for this but I know that he would be devistated if he loaned me money and I died because I was trying to save him money.  I know that my husband and children would miss me and if it means spending $2000-$3000 more then I should do it.  Someday I hope to be at a point where I can honestly say "I'm worth it" but right now I can at least say that my family is worth it.

I'm very sorry if I offended anyone with my questions, possible choices, etc.  I meant no harm to anyone, and I appreciate everyone taking the time to talk to me and make me feel cared about.

Thank you,

Dawn
Recent Topics