Is there a myth that you can eat anything after the DS and lose weight?

beemerbeeper
on 8/3/11 2:14 am - AL
As for figuring out what causes me gas?  Elimination diets and careful recording of what I eat and trial and error.

Everytime my weight loss slowed down I UPPED my protein and started loosing.  80 grams of protein on average is not enough.  All you need to do to increase from 80 to 100 is add one shake a day.  That is what was recommended to me and what worked for me.

~Becky

Katy S.
on 8/3/11 3:45 am - WA
Yup my worst right now is losing track of my day and not eating, this was a problem preop too... I am doing better now than I was first 3 mo post op though, I was not getting it at all, although I was eating more snacks, I couldn't stomach protein shakes after my first 2 weeks because of how much I had them...
"Hi, my name is Katy...and I am a meat eating spin junkie"
HW: 336/DOS: 306/CW: 153/GW: 140?
~ CSz: 5 - S/M

* G1: 199# 09/28/11 * G2: 175# 11/30/11 * G3: 160# 12/09/11(
"People too weak to follow their dreams, will always try to find a way to discourage yours"

beemerbeeper
on 8/3/11 3:58 am - AL
I couldn't do protein shakes for a while either.  Get some samples from VitaLady and try again.  Have you tried doing the Shake Cake? 

If you are a person who forgets to eat you really need to have a foundation of protein that you get by supplement so that food is just a bonus. 

Cake Shake:

1 scoop chocolate protein powder
1 T dark cocoa
3 T splenda
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp baking powder
1-3 T oil
1/4 cup of water or enough to make a thin batter

Taste it.  IF it tastes good it will taste good after you cook it.  EXPERIEMENT with the oil and water amounts and how long you cook it.  You can make it like a molten cake (runny in the middle) or like a dry cake.  You can add other things to it like instant coffee or SF preserves etc...

Mix well and nuke for 35-40 seconds in a bowl or ramiken.  I use huge mugs that I bought a Wal-mart.  Top with your choice of low carb toppings.  I use SF LandOLakes whipped cream.  The way I make it it has 7 carbs and 26 grams of protein.

Getting over 100 of protein every day will help with your weight loss as well as your labs.

~Becky

zuzupetals2u2
on 8/3/11 11:39 am - Sedona, AZ
I also subscribe to some YAHOO DS group and I get a summary of the talks there tho I have never participated but I just wanted to add something I just saw there. It fits in very well with this discussion. A person who had a few years post op who had lost their taste for sweets after her DS has since regained her sweet tooth now and was up 30+ pounds and was talking about having to learn the Atkins diet to get them off now and to eliminate the sugar and seemed quite upset. It just reinforces a admotion that NYB just make mention of happening if we don'****ch out simple carbs.

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

beemerbeeper
on 8/3/11 11:45 am - AL
***LIKE***

Recent Topics