Dr. Keshishian

dana712
on 7/31/11 10:56 pm
HI

Dr K patients . What is your daily vitamin schedule?

Dana
teachmid
on 7/31/11 10:58 pm, edited 7/31/11 10:59 pm - OKC, OK
I'm 7 months out and do the complete VL schedule minus the vit K due to my health history.
Edit: I also do Proferrin 3 times a day and no tender iron.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

dana712
on 7/31/11 11:14 pm
Thanks Gail.
beemerbeeper
on 8/1/11 1:47 am - AL
Dana,

We recommend that everyone follow VitaLady's vitamin schedule if they have the DS.  Here it is:

www.gblcreations.com/Resources/Gina/ProgramDRNY_ERNY_BPDDS3- 2010.pdf

You should be taking this schedule of vitamins by 3 months post op.

Then you get labs at 3, 6, 9, 12 months and every 3 months or so afterwards and you tweak your vitamins program based on your own labs.

Here are the labs you need to have drawn:

docs.google.com/Doc

I think Dr K has his lab request forms and other info on his website.  You might want to compare HIS vitaming schedule with VitaLady's schedule and if there are glaring differences ask the vets here why VitaLady has a different recommendation.

In the 2+ years I have been reading this forum I have seen countless people start off on one vitamin program or another just to have their labs tank and then to get themselves on VitaLady's program and do much better.  I have seen that happen enough times that I am sold on her program.  We just don't see people getting into severe problems who take her program with the exception of people who just don't absorb iron and need infusions.

~Becky

teachmid
on 8/1/11 3:49 am - OKC, OK
Dr. K does not have the labslip on his website, but I just email and ask that someone from the office email It to me.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

trxxyy
on 8/1/11 4:58 am - Orange County, CA
Dana,

I follow Vitalady's DS plan.  I just had my 3 month labs done and I am waiting on the results.  I will adjust accordingly once I get those back. 

-shelly
(deactivated member)
on 8/1/11 10:42 am
Recent Topics