Dr. Greenbaum's Support Group

(deactivated member)
on 7/31/11 2:12 pm - Beverly, NJ

I meant to post this earlier int he weekend but I totally forgot.  Is anyone going Monday (tomorrow) night?

I can't wait to go.  It'll be my first post-op meeting!  

If you're going to go let me know so we can meet!

Renfairewench
on 7/31/11 9:04 pm, edited 7/31/11 10:00 pm
You live in Beverly?  OMG, I was born in Riverside at Zurburgg Memorial (no maternity ward now, you have to go to Rancocas Valley hospital...aka Lourdes) and my grandparents and God mother lived in Delanco on Spruce Street.  When they were alive there was no commuter rail, which is now at the end of the street, it was just a twice a day slow moving freight train. . I'm so old that in Delanco I remember where the camp meeting house was. It's now a strip mall I'm pretty sure. I used to go to the Methodist church in Delanco and for years I had a savings account at the Delanco Savings and Loan, which is now gone buh bye!  My cousin writes for the Beverly Bee local newspaper.  My moms best friend lives in Beverly and my Aunt and Uncle did too, but they are gone now.  I remember as a kid my mom ALWAYS took me to Matt's Shoes in Riverside for school shoes. I don't think it is there anymore, but the bakery is!!! YUM!  I love the riverfront and all the grand houses.  OMG, and the Watch factory. Now I know that is still there, but when I was a kid they made watches then it closed down and was boarded up and fenced in. I don't know what it is anymore.  I used to go to school on Hickory Street in Delanco. The school has long been torn down, but last time I was there the lot hadn't been built upon. I remember all the farms (Mr. Pennington) that were around Delanco. Last time I was there the fields had sadly been sold to developers and built up. OMG, and the DRIVE IN that was off of Rt. 130!  Is that even still there?  This will tell you just how old I am. For school clothing my mom used to take me to Pomeroys and Kings. Pomeroys and that strip mall was the place to go to LONG before the Burlington County mall was built.

Wow, so many memories.   I could go on and on, but I did just want to say hi. In all this time I have never run into anyone from Beverly or even Delanco for that matter. Most people I know don't even know the town exists.

If I get back down there I'll let you know, perhaps we can meet up? 

HW (pre RNY) 430 HW (pre DS) 302 / SW 288 /
                          Lowest weight 157 / CW 161
GW 150
                "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight"

(deactivated member)
on 8/1/11 12:21 am - Beverly, NJ

Beverly is a short stop for us.  I was born and raised in Riverside.  I moved to Moorestown but the apartment we moved into had black mold so I grabbed the first available apartment I could afford.  Beverly was once a nice town but it's on a steady decline, which is really sad it has such great potential. The school system here is horrible so we're trying to either move back to Riverside or to Waterford Works where my mom is.

Zurburgg hospital has been town down I think they're putting high rises there now.  I remember the freight train and I cringed when they put the speed line in, traffic has never been the same.  Matt's shoes isn't there anymore but yes L&M Bakery is and they are to die for!  The watch case tower is now offices and a small museum.  

If you're ever down this way let me know, I would love to meet up and grab lunch.  You'll be able to tour Riverside again!  :)

Dena73
on 8/1/11 2:53 am - Hamilton, NJ

I will be there with my sister, she is a post op too.  And possible another post-op and a pre-op...yay.

I usually sit in the front of the room on the left side.  It would be great to meet you.

Dena

HW 294..... SW 277..... CW 161 ..... GW 160???
DOODLESNJ AND ELLEN G. ARE MY ANGELS   R.I.P. Faith...Beautiful Angel 8/26/10, you will be missed by all, gone but never forgotten <3 <3 <3
DENA    

(deactivated member)
on 8/1/11 3:07 am - Beverly, NJ
I like to linger in the back because my ride normally gets me there late.  Since I'll be driving me and the wife tonight I'm trying to get there early so I can sit near the front.  I'm hard to miss :)
Dena73
on 8/1/11 3:11 am - Hamilton, NJ

okay....i will be looking for you.  I will be wearing a peach/tan flowered blouse with tanish brown pants. 

Don't say you are hard  to miss, soon enough people will walk right by you, not recognizing you....I mean your own family.  hahaha!!!

I am sure you look great now matter what!!!

Dena

HW 294..... SW 277..... CW 161 ..... GW 160???
DOODLESNJ AND ELLEN G. ARE MY ANGELS   R.I.P. Faith...Beautiful Angel 8/26/10, you will be missed by all, gone but never forgotten <3 <3 <3
DENA    

(deactivated member)
on 8/1/11 3:14 am - Beverly, NJ
And I can't wait :)
Recent Topics