Ass issues....yikes...tmi

kjfras
on 7/31/11 11:30 am - North Lauderdale, FL
Ok....I knew it was too good to be true...the fact that it's been 8 months and I've had no complications...til now.

So...here goes. I think I have hemorrhoids. I've never had them before so I'm not for sure but my ass hurts every time I'm in the bathroom and it's gotten progressively worse. There is no bleeding but major pain and burning. I don't know if they are internal or not. I do sit on the toilet for 30 mins a few times in the morning as my ritual goes.

I don't get constipation but actually usually have looser BMs. I know they are rather acidic so I don't know if that can cause issues too.

Anyways, anyone have any ideas on what I should do? Treatments? Right now I'm using tucks and prep h.

Sorry for th TMI but I appreciate any ideas you can share...thanks!!

Kerry J                   Stillhopefull (Terry) is my Angel!!!! 
                                                    Angel to Baylady35310 (Linda)
7/9/01 RNY - 354 HW down to 192 LW
12/6/10 DS Revision - GW 170
DS HW 353
DS SW 332

DS CW 184 (-148 since surgery / -169 total) 

Plastics completed by Dr.Sauceda in MX 8/9/13 - LBL w anchor cut, long thigh lift, breast lift, butt augmentation and arm lift.               

carriemeaway
on 7/31/11 11:42 am - Spanaway, WA
Advice I've seen is to spend no more than 5 minutes on the toilet if you're having any troubles. It helps prevent hemerhoids. Also soak your bottom in a warm/hot bath, just your bottom for 15 - 20 minutes a few times a day. Also I use ultra strength or extra strength, can't remember, prep H and it works wonders. You should be able to tell when wiping if it's an external hemerhoid or not and if you can't it may not be one or it may be internal.

Hope this helps some. Hope you feel better soon.
HW     -   SW    -    CW     -  GW
361  357  237 

kjfras
on 7/31/11 8:49 pm - North Lauderdale, FL
Thanks Carrie. I have heard of the sitz baths but haven't tried that yet. I will try it tonight when I get back to the hotel.

I'll look for the max strength prep h....think I just have the normal one. I appreciate your response...thank you!!!

DS HW 353
DS SW 332

Plastics completed by Dr.Sauceda in MX 8/9/13 - LBL w anchor cut, long thigh lift, breast lift, butt augmentation and arm lift.               

beemerbeeper
on 7/31/11 11:54 am - AL
Get the acid out of your diet.  If your BMs are loose you aren't getting enough calcium (my guess).  Add a dose of calcium to your day and see what happenes.  Post on the bites and vites thread for ideas about what may be causing you these problems!!! 

~Becky

newyorkbitch
on 7/31/11 12:32 pm
My BMs are pretty loose and I way get enough calcium.  It has been this way for years.  I'm 11+ years post-op.
kjfras
on 7/31/11 8:51 pm - North Lauderdale, FL
Thanks Becky! You may be right...my calcium is the one thing I sometimes don't get all my doses in. I'm going to stop by the drugstore today and grab some more and start take those today.

Thanks for the great suggestion!

DS HW 353
DS SW 332

beemerbeeper
on 8/1/11 12:49 am - AL
For a lot of folks (not everyone) calcium is very binding.  I take 6 doses of Calcium a day and to take that much I must also take Magnesium Oxide with each dose and add fat to my diet or else I can't go.

Let us know how you do.  You really don't want to deal with a fissure.

~Becky

(deactivated member)
on 7/31/11 11:54 am
Kerry, are you still on a PPI or other acid reducer?  If not, try taking them.  They really help with 'burney butt'.  Do this in addition to Prep H.  If you don't get relief soon, bite the bullet and go to the Dr., you don't want to end up with a fissure.

HTH,
Michele
kjfras
on 7/31/11 8:53 pm - North Lauderdale, FL
No Michelle, I have not been taking a PPI but I started 3 days ago because I have been having horrible heartburn the last few weeks. I sure hope you are right about the burney butt....I long for that day!

Thanks for is info....if one doesn't help maybe I'll take 1 PPI in the morning and another at night.

DS HW 353
DS SW 332

Lisa A.
on 7/31/11 12:14 pm - Windsor, NY
I had (have - in healing mode) this problem really bad. You may be on your way to a fissure. I had to go see a colorectal doctor and he confirmed I have a fissure. It is healing on it's own (so far). I had to really reduce the acid in my diet. I also take 3 advil with lacto free milk every morning (this helps to reduce the swelling).

I took hot baths and I tried every cream out there none really worked. I also tried all the conconctions people told me about. The doctor proscribed a medicine and I used it a bit but it gave me a bad stomach ache and headache.

Make sure you wipe real good after a  BM. I wet a paper towel and wipe real good. I also switched to a softer toilet tissue.

I feel for you as I suffered from this for many months. I also was never constipated. I never have hard stools, mine are loose.

Recent Topics