wanting revision from RNY TO ds

crystalgvosj
on 8/1/11 8:23 am
Hello all i had a gastric bypass in 2005 at the age of 22 i never did reach my goal weight and have gained back 30 pounds . I am now looking into geting a revision. I am just looking for some advice on the DS and would like to hear from people who have had revisions and their exsperiences. My current weight is 220 and my staring weight was 330 my goal weight is 160 . I dont think ive weighed that since i was twelve years old :( please if any one has had good or bad resu.lts please let me know i am open for suggestions and knowledge.
(deactivated member)
on 8/1/11 8:49 am
Hi Crystal,

I'm not revised yet (I have a band) but there are lots of folks on here that have been. Do your homework and search this DS forum - lots of information and great people to help you. Just want to wish you luck.
beemerbeeper
on 8/1/11 9:09 am - AL
You MUST do your homework.  This is a technically difficult surgery and is only done by a handful of surgeons in the world.

www.DSFacts.com

I'm sure some revision patients will come along and post to you.  But that website is a good place for you to START doing your research.

Living with the DS is not the same as living with the RnY Gastric Bypass.  You need to understand the vitamins, protein and labs you will be required to take for life.  This is non-negotiable and can NEVER come second in your life.  In the wrong hands the DS can kill someone.  So can the RnY, but it is harder.  

My advice is to read that website and then start reading this forum, thread by thread by thread and bookmarking those pages that you will need to visit again.

Best wishes!

~Becky

teachmid
on 8/1/11 9:26 am - OKC, OK
Welcome. I totally agree with Becky. Read and research.

I had an RNY in 1989 and revised to a DS last December. This is very complex surgery, so you must pick your surgeon carefully.

Vitamins, protein, labs and fluids are a must on the DS life.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

(deactivated member)
on 8/1/11 10:22 am
On August 1, 2011 at 3:23 PM Pacific Time, crystalgvosj wrote:
Hello all i had a gastric bypass in 2005 at the age of 22 i never did reach my goal weight and have gained back 30 pounds . I am now looking into geting a revision. I am just looking for some advice on the DS and would like to hear from people who have had revisions and their exsperiences. My current weight is 220 and my staring weight was 330 my goal weight is 160 . I dont think ive weighed that since i was twelve years old :( please if any one has had good or bad resu.lts please let me know i am open for suggestions and knowledge.
Hey there. If you still live near la palma as suggested by the location of your RNY surgeon, then you're very lucky to live near one of the best RNY to DS surgeons, Dr. Ara Keshishian. I live in long beach, and it takes me less than one hour to get to him in Glendale. He can be contacted through his site at dssurgery.com. Best of luck.
crystalgvosj
on 8/1/11 10:46 am
Do u know if they accept blue sheild hmo ?
(deactivated member)
on 8/1/11 10:48 am
On August 1, 2011 at 5:46 PM Pacific Time, crystalgvosj wrote:
Do u know if they accept blue sheild hmo ?
You will have to call the office. Call the 818 number from this link in the morning www.dssurgery.com/
crystalgvosj
on 8/1/11 11:59 am
did u have rny and a revision ?
(deactivated member)
on 8/1/11 12:23 pm
On August 1, 2011 at 6:59 PM Pacific Time, crystalgvosj wrote:
did u have rny and a revision ?
Yes. Dr. Keshishian did my revision.
sosoclark
on 8/2/11 5:54 am - Sacramento, CA
Yes, they accept blue shield.

Recent Topics