What kept you going in the months before your surgery?

Northcountrygirl
on 8/1/11 11:21 am
Hey, I know how you feel.  I am 3 month in and was losing.  Not much but down about 10 pounds.  I had to go on hormone treatment in the past few weeks and the weight is all back.  I am trying to be positive, but honestly it sucks swamp water!!  I hope it gets better.  I am trying to exercise more and cut out more carbs.  Keep your spirts up.    Melissa
Emily F.
on 8/1/11 11:23 am
Welp, I'll chime in and say you are very lucky to have insurance willing to pay ANY part of your ds even if you have to wait a whole 6 months. Just sayin'.
Imissthe80s
on 8/1/11 11:34 am - Louisville, KY
DS on 02/27/12
Emily,

I'm going into this with the feeling of not accepting anything else for an answer, but a yes.  I do have WLS coverage with no exclusions, that doesn't mean they won't try and fight me on the DS as my BMI is a 41, but I can't go down without a fight, I just can't accept that.  I mean, if the insurance flat out denies me, I'll have to take a pause and figure out how on earth I'm going to be able to do this; at this point, I would not be able to be a self pay.

(deactivated member)
on 8/1/11 12:31 pm
I hear ya Emily.  I had to pay for the crapband myself as my insurance wouldn't cover it at the time.  Plus over $3000 in band adjustments - up, down, more, less - blech. 

I'm grateful for the insurance covering anything but that's IF they do.  They won't even give me a commitment until I do the 6 month thing which is STUPID.  But I'll do it if it gets me closer to my revision!
(deactivated member)
on 8/1/11 12:46 pm
And totally off topic, but the first time I read your post I thought it said "Fools rush in where Angels farted".   I thought, "hmm, I remember that quote differently"  

:)
(deactivated member)
on 8/1/11 12:47 pm
You just fight it with all you have.  Get as many studies and articles as you can, educate yourself and appeal to every level of the organization you can.  Don't take no for an answer and you'll get there.

See?  We just got through one more day and we're one closer to our DS!
Imissthe80s
on 8/2/11 1:12 am - Louisville, KY
DS on 02/27/12
It's Aug. 2nd, yippy! Yes, one more day, and they do pass.  Some days just have a greater molasses value than others.  Kuddos to misreading the quote on my signature, that's hilarious! I must say, the word "No" is not an option here, and I've banished that word from my vocabulary where WLS is concerned, I do not permit myself to think this won't be possible.

Emily F.
on 8/2/11 2:39 am
On August 1, 2011 at 6:34 PM Pacific Time, Imissthe80s wrote:
Emily,

I'm going into this with the feeling of not accepting anything else for an answer, but a yes.  I do have WLS coverage with no exclusions, that doesn't mean they won't try and fight me on the DS as my BMI is a 41, but I can't go down without a fight, I just can't accept that.  I mean, if the insurance flat out denies me, I'll have to take a pause and figure out how on earth I'm going to be able to do this; at this point, I would not be able to be a self pay.
 That's my point. You are complaining about 6 month wait and you should be really grateful that you have an opportunity to get a ds paid for. It took me 3 years to figure out how to pay for it myself. 
Imissthe80s
on 8/2/11 3:25 am - Louisville, KY
DS on 02/27/12
You are right! And I know others have had long roads to surgery, it was just a whiny moment.

grisaille
on 8/1/11 12:49 pm - NC
I am not patient at all and am so ready for the surgery . . .  I had my info seminar several months ago and started seeing my PCP for the 6 month countdown for both my insurances.  Well, I'm at month 3 and Duke calls to tell me they have processed my application and I can START my PCP visits.....there for a moment, I thought I was screwed but they told me I could have the doctor's nurse re-fax the three doctor's notes.  At month 4, I get to see the psych and the nut.  I am trying to lose weight but keep being having weak moments when I think, well, I can't have something this carb-by after DS but I am trying to control the over-all content of my meals and am recording my food in preparation for doing it post-op. . . .
Recent Topics