Coming up on my surgery date thoughts..

ambermay
on 8/1/11 2:15 am

Momofteens-  that is ok    I know what you mean about the thinking it is about gettting skinny.  My mother is a size 4 and my little sister a size 0.  They don't understand the eatting addiction part and think that smoking is more of an addiction.  I quit smoking 5 yrs ago and they don't understand why if I could quit smoking cold turkey why I just can't put my mind to it and lose the weight.  They don't understand the addiction/ fridge full of food/ still have to eat to stay alive part.

adkmtgirl-  Thank you so much for the info.  I have my meeting on the 3rd so I will get to talk to the dr then.  I think we are going to just spend the night at my parents and leave in the middle of the night.  That way we don't have to worry about waking up the kids and what not.

Laugh out loud-  I was wondering about a bowel cleanse.... So they will prescribe something when I go ont he 3rd???  Then I do it the day before?  Can I still do the liquid diet while doing the cleanse.  Or no more eatting?

5'6" -- HW 270ish/SW 153.6/GW 150/CW 138
Amber

Laugh Out Loud
on 8/1/11 2:32 am
Your surgeon will probably tell you to go to the drug store and get the OTC kind of bowel cleanse.  I didn't have to do a liquid diet before my surgery so I don't know about that.  Different surgeon's have different instructions because of the various methods they use.  Perhaps someone who had your surgeon can chime in...
Dana E.
on 8/1/11 6:32 am
 I had to do the 10 day liquid diet also and did not have to do a bowel cleanse! So glad about that! Just hang in there with the parties - I don't think I could have handled it.  Sticking to the diet was more important than attending because I knew I would have too hard of a time staying away from the food.  But seriously, it wasn't too bad. Just drink a lot of variety, eat the popcycles, the jello. Just remember its temporary!

Best of luck to you! You'll do great!
Dana - my blog
Ticker includes 17 lbs pre op diet! 

adkmtngirl
on 8/1/11 6:51 am - Brant Lake, NY
 They gave me a prescription for the bowel prep when I went for my last appt before surgery.
Kristina

Recent Topics