Do you (urp) burp more now?

(deactivated member)
on 7/31/11 3:06 am
I had a RNY before with a totally open stoma, so maybe this is just returning to having a pyloric valve. (Nothing stayed in the pouch....just dropped into the intestine.) 

I find that I burp more and that in the morning, I might still have a reminder of what I ate for dinner the night before. No gas issues.

Anyone?
Kayla B.
on 7/31/11 3:11 am - Austin, TX
I burp all the time.  Even over 3 yrs out.  They are tiny and quiet, but still there.
5'9.5" | HW: 368 | SW: 353 | CW: 155 +/- 5 lbs | Angel to kkanne
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/beforefront-1-1.jpg?t=1247239033http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/th_CIMG39903mini.jpg  
beemerbeeper
on 7/31/11 3:30 am - AL
Funny but I don't think I burp at all.

~Becky

(deactivated member)
on 7/31/11 3:46 am - Beverly, NJ
I'm a virgin DS and I burp ALL the time. Never really did pre-op unless I drank soda. Now I burp if I take so much as a sip of water.
RhondaDenise
on 7/31/11 3:57 am - Crossville, TN
I seem to burp more now, ESPECIALLY when I eat too much, that is my sign to STOP.

SOmetimes, the burbs just sneak up on me and before I know it there it is and too late to try and make it quiet.  LOL

SO yeah, more now than before surgery.

Rhonda

MsBatt
on 7/31/11 4:24 am
When I was early out, I burped ALL THE TIME. I burped when I got full, I burped when I got empty. I burped when I thought about food. (*grin*)

Now, at 7.5 years out, I burp LESS, but I'm still a world-class burper. My "personal best" was 23 burps after a particularly good Chinese buffet about 18 months post-op. (Yes, my BFF keeps track of---and enjoys!--- things like that.)
gak
on 7/31/11 6:01 am
Revision on 06/21/13
I do not think it has changed for me. I only seem to burp when I eat too fast... which I TRY really hard NOT to do !  I tend to eat slow, I am usually the last one to finish when out with a group.

I find if I eat too fast, I fill-up  in a bad sort of way.

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 7/31/11 7:48 am
 I've always burped a lot, and other than when I was freshly post op (cuz there is NO extra room in those freshly post-op stomachs) I burp as much as I always have. 

And, I am AMAZING when I drink root beer.
sotto_voce
on 8/1/11 3:40 am - Alpharetta, GA
The quality of my burps has changed. Now I can only seem to manage these throat growly type burps. The noise seems to get stuck in my throat and not open up like before. It is kinda embarassing, because I only recently realized other people could hear this phenomenon and not just me.

Bethany

(deactivated member)
on 8/1/11 7:17 am
Recent Topics