Artichokes

(deactivated member)
on 7/30/11 2:52 am - Beverly, NJ
Thanks everyone!  I've been pretty good with my protein shakes (2 a day) so as long as this holds true for Tuesday too artichokes here I come!!!  I've heard a few people say try it with mayo so I'm gonna try it but nothing beats plain ol butter! :)
StephOinAZ
on 7/30/11 5:24 am
OMG ME TOO! I love love love artichokes steamed and dipped in copious amounts of butter.  One of my friends (who actually introduced me to artichokes) only dips in mayo.  I tried it and it is a completely different flavor- not at all bad, but I just like butter so flipping much that I usually go with that :)  Mmm...maybe I'll try a garlic butter *evil laugh*!
zuzupetals2u2
on 7/30/11 12:53 pm - Sedona, AZ
I haven't had those for so long but I agree you should try them and dont skimp on the mayo & butter! Diana you crack me up sometimes! LMAO

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

adkmtngirl
on 7/31/11 1:42 am - Brant Lake, NY
 Oh my, we fight over artichokes here!!! I'll wrestle my 4yo for them.  But, we all have our 'preferred' dip for them, but we will all dip in butter. My 6yo's favorite dip- ranch dressing, the 16yo likes marinara sauce, the 4yo prefers greek yogurt w/ salsa mixed into it. Me, I prefer olive oil w/ garlic & parmesan. Though I will admit that any of the above will work. 
Kristina

(deactivated member)
on 7/31/11 4:36 am - Beverly, NJ
All this talk of artichokes has me wanting to grab some for tonight.

I have to wrestle my son for them too. He loves ranch dressing for them too but of course will still do butter
Amy Farrah Fowler
on 7/31/11 7:28 am
 Artichokes were one the the first "real" foods I ate. They were cooked well, and since you are really just scraping small bits off each leaf (at least before you get to the heart) it's really easy to gage how much you eat, and go very slowly.

I like mine dipped in melted cheese, and now that's just a little protein boost, not a fat laden guilt trigger.

(deactivated member)
on 7/31/11 10:40 am - Beverly, NJ
Mmmmmmm cheese....l what kind and how did you melt it?  Better yet how did you keep it melted?  My biggest problem right now is that by the time I'm done eating my food is ice cold.  I would imagine cheese to be quite hard to keep smooth enough to dip so I'm dying to know your secret. I bet cheese and artichoke are super yummy!
Amy Farrah Fowler
on 7/31/11 1:56 pm
 I use Velveeta for melting, or grilled cheese sandwiches - that's all it's good for, but melts better than regular cheese.

I eat too slowly too, so my food is always cold, and to keep the cheese gooey, I mix in milk or water to keep it from re-hardening.

Recent Topics