Thankful....

amccu18007
on 7/29/11 12:20 pm - Newark, DE
 I am once again writing a post to tell everyone how thankful that I am that I had this life saving surgery. I am recovering from knee surgery( I have rheum. arthritis very badly) and I am so happy that I am facing this 125 pounds lighter. My stamina is up and this is so much easier than the other two surgeries that I have had( I was much heavier for those). I got the DS to help ensure that I would be able to walk when I was 40. I know that a knee replacement is in my future and with my weight were it is I now know that I will have a future! I am very drugged atm so sorry if this is rambling but I wanted to let future ds'rs that they can do this and it will positively effect your life in ways that you can't even imagine!  I plan to do my one year update soon to but need to take some pics for comparison. I loved those as I was awiting surgery :)

I love my DS!!!
  Amanda
SW 269    CW 135.6  GW 140    

goodkel
on 7/29/11 3:14 pm
Congratulations on your success!!

My mother had RA in her spine. The steroids and lack of movement made her gain weight which made it harder to move which is what she needed to do to not gain more weight. It was a painful, Catch-22 spiral for her.

I am so happy that a young girl like you has taken this opportunity to break free of that spiral.

The world is opening up for you and you will be ready to skip happily in it.
Check out my profile: http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/goodkel/
Or click on my name
DS SW 265 CW 120 5'7"

amccu18007
on 7/30/11 1:26 am - Newark, DE
 I was def. on that spiral so I understand where your mother was. I finally fel free from that cycle and it def. is amazing! I can't imagine skipping..lol but I will take walking at a steady gait right now :)
  Amanda

Julie R.
on 7/29/11 11:05 pm - Ludington, MI
 I completely understand where you're coming from!    I spent the winter once in a cast at 258 pounds and was SO freaking miserable.    I wouldn't want to have to be in a cast now, but it should would be much easier to get around at 125 pounds!

My SIL has rheumatoid arthritis and finally  had to have both of her knees replaced.   She said she feels like she's 18 again!    Hope you do well.   Take care!
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

amccu18007
on 7/30/11 1:28 am - Newark, DE
 I hope I feel like your sil does when my time comes! I know it is in my cards but I am prolonging it as long as I can.

I guess that my post was to tell new ds'rs that the sky is the limit. My life is soooo much easier now at 144 then it was before. I feel like I can handle anything! 
  Amanda

kj80230
on 7/30/11 9:15 pm
I am happy to see that you are doing well, switch sister! I can't wait to see your 1 year update. I have to get one ready too. Good luck on the recovery! 
(((Hugs)))
Kj
  ~Kj ~                                       My   is Betty (bldeck)                 277/268/174/150  
                     Lab Rat Data     HW/SW/CW/GW

Recent Topics