DS Heaven, done a little differently....

KathyA999
on 7/30/11 3:36 am
Mmmm....  brings back a memory.  When I was a kid we went camping on the Kern river - tents, sleeping bags, the whole rustic thing, right on the edge of the river.  My dad and brothers would catch trout, and we had them for breakfast, pan fried in butter.  MAN, they were good!

Height 5' 7"   High Wt 268 / Consult Wt 246 / Surgery Wt 241 / Goal Wt 150 / Happy place 135-137 / Current Wt 143
Tracker starts at consult weight       

In maintenance since December 2011.

Tammy D.
on 8/1/11 1:32 am
YUM!!!

my local grocery, Safeway, has wild sockeye salmon on sale (? $8/99/lb)
not fresh trout, but as close as I'm going to get for now.

I love the MT posts each year - thanks for sharing!
Century Club: Thanksgiving Day 25November2010  I am truly grateful
Diabetes, hypercholesterolemia, and GERD resolved along the way. 
Onederland:  Citizen & permanent resident 17Dec2010  
'Normal' BMI range reached 26July2011
18 Month Surgiversary 148# BMI 23  26Nov2011

··snorkel··><((((º>··snorkel··><((((º>··snorkel··><((((º>··snorkel··
   ·><((((º>··snorkel··><((((º>··snorkel··><((((º>··snorkel··><((((º>·
   ··snorkel··><((((º>··snorkel··><((((º>··snorkel··><((((º>··snorkel··

Elizabeth N.
on 8/1/11 2:32 am - Burlington County, NJ
Well, come up and visit!

There's a fishmonger near where I go to school who gets rainbow trout flown in from Idaho periodically. He gets the biggest kick out of how excited I get over that stuff :-).

pycca
on 8/1/11 2:39 am - Haslet, TX
I am curious to try the trout now... I can probably find it in Albertsons or Like a Central Market here... one of those fancy gormet places...LOL

Whis is easier to do? with skin on or off ??
Elizabeth N.
on 8/1/11 3:09 am - Burlington County, NJ
Cook it with the skin on and then peel the meat off the skin. Makes for juicier meat and happy kitties :-).

pycca
on 8/1/11 3:15 am - Haslet, TX
I can give the skin to the kitties ?? never thoight about that !!  Didn't you sis say she fried it a special way too?  with skin on of off?
Elizabeth N.
on 8/1/11 4:15 am - Burlington County, NJ
We grew up on little brook trout, breaded in cornmeal and fried in bacon grease. Also YUMMY :-). You got crunchy skin that way.

Oh yeah, kitties will be in HEAVEN if you give them skin. The outside kitties, if you know them to be hunters, will be positively ******ic over heads, tails and bones.

Imissthe80s
on 8/1/11 3:23 am - Louisville, KY
DS on 02/27/12
EN, you really ARE a meenie peenie! Beef AND fresh trout?! Grrrr! Sadly, I have never had trout, never had much fish period as I am in a landlubber zone and getting fresh fish is as good as the cat fish outta the river.  Why can't I be in Montana, sighing wistfully....

Elizabeth N.
on 8/1/11 4:17 am - Burlington County, NJ
Come on out, I'm here for three more weeks! Bunkhouse accomodates up to eight people (though I'd say three or maybe four for maximum comfort) at $50/night.

Imissthe80s
on 8/1/11 4:40 am - Louisville, KY
DS on 02/27/12
Oh, it sounds absolutely heavenly.  Maybe next summer when I am (hopefully by then) a fraction of my size and I can actually ENJOY myself, which is a very strange concept to me right now.  Are you headed back to NJ in a few weeks?

Recent Topics