Question on hernia repair experiences

horseygirl
on 7/30/11 2:55 am
 Gotta have surgery next week and wondering about the particulars? Thank you so much!!!
Emily F.
on 7/30/11 3:03 am
What kind of hernia?? Stomach? Hiatal? ingroinal?
horseygirl
on 7/30/11 3:05 am
 He said a stomach and Hiatal , double my fun.
Elizabeth N.
on 7/30/11 3:12 am - Burlington County, NJ
LOVE your avi!!!

I had a mega incisional hernia done basically by having a tummy tuck. Both my hysterectomy and DS incisions were huge vertical ones, vicinity of 14 inches long. A bellybutton hernia started the great unraveling, so I was herniated pretty much from breastbone to pubic bone.

I had no insurance for reconstructive procedures, so I grabbed the opportunity to get the tummy tuck done a LOT cheaper than if it had been self pay all the way. The surgeon used my vast amounts of extra tissue to do the hernia repair. Took seven inches off my waist and hips as measured in the OR. So I was able to get a terrific strong repair without any mesh.

It hurt like HELL, far and away the most miserable surgery I've ever had, and I've had several. I sure got renewed restriction though!

Emily F.
on 7/30/11 3:14 am
will your surgeon use mesh for the stomach one? I had some fixed w mesh and it was more painful than I expected and tissue gets stuck in the mesh and you have to massage it.
horseygirl
on 7/30/11 3:27 am
 You know I feel like such an idiot for not asking anything, I was so absolutely stunned. I thought it was esophageal erosion again like several years ago. He said obvously a hole had developed and let the small intestines loop through and get hung. I have had a lot of surgeries unfortunately and that was the absolute worst pain ever with ovarian cyst very close second.

I am usually a question freak and thought they would have already set it up for Monday because he wanted to get it down before another episode.

I would not be so concerened but I had just lost my job and was in the process of applying for a new position.

I would assume he would be using mesh and he said it would be laproscopic with tine holes. Two days max because of Hiatal hernia.

Thank you 
horseygirl
on 7/30/11 4:03 am
 Whoops thought I didn't hit send and thank you I love horses!
Recent Topics