first episode abdominal pain

Joanlaptods
on 7/30/11 2:54 am
This morning I had 1 hour of pain that waxed and waned and was severe at its peak, had to move about. I have been ok for past 1 and one half hours. No nausea or vomiting. My gallbladder was distended with stones before my DS and I was to have it removed but Dr gagner couldn't see the top of it due to my large liver. He put me on urso and said he would remove it when I lost weight. Currently he is out of the country and he recommends a lap chole asap locally but I don't trust anyone else. What should I do? anybody else have a similar experience any suggestions?

start 315lbs lapband feb2006-196 lbs night Reflux bc esophageal dilation,216 lbs band replaced may 2008. Gained up to 286lbs still reflux and regurg Ds March 2011   cw 165 lb    

Elizabeth N.
on 7/30/11 3:20 am - Burlington County, NJ
Have you been to the doc yet? That's the first step.

Why do you not trust anyone else? Bad previous experience or just because you don't know them? 

Joanlaptods
on 7/30/11 3:35 am
Thanks EN I think I will go to the ER needed to hear it from someone else.and I don't trust other surgeons because I don't know them It makes me nervous.

start 315lbs lapband feb2006-196 lbs night Reflux bc esophageal dilation,216 lbs band replaced may 2008. Gained up to 286lbs still reflux and regurg Ds March 2011   cw 165 lb    

Elizabeth N.
on 7/30/11 2:55 pm - Burlington County, NJ
I hope you get that sucker out very quickly. There are lots of perfectly competent surgeons out there. You'll be fine.

goodkel
on 7/30/11 3:38 am
You really don't need a highly skilled DS surgeon to remove a gallbladder. The gallbladder has nothing to do with your DS. Removing the gallbladder is a pretty common surgery. Do what Gagner said and just get it out asap.
Check out my profile: http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/goodkel/
Or click on my name
DS SW 265 CW 120 5'7"

(deactivated member)
on 7/30/11 12:06 pm - Beverly, NJ
I'm hoping at this point you're at the hospital and won't be reading my reply for at least a day or two. But if not GO TO THE ER.
Removing the gallbladder is a simple surgery but a very necessary one if needed. My brother waited and waited to have his removed and now he has a disease that will cause him to eventually need a liver transplant. I am very anti-gallbladder.
I wish you the best of luck and make sure to update us! Good luck! I'll be thinking about you!
zuzupetals2u2
on 7/30/11 1:21 pm - Sedona, AZ
my surgeon makes his patient go carb free for 2 weeks prior to the surgery to shrink the liver so it doesnt get in the way during the surgery. Taking out the gallbladder is done during the DS surgery . I guess not all surgeons know this.

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

Recent Topics