Montana is THE DSer party place!!!!

Elizabeth N.
on 7/28/11 3:37 pm - Burlington County, NJ
Pycca just arrived home in TX after spending a week in a relative's bunkhouse *g*. We had a MARVELOUS time together. She is rocking her crap band to DS revision, having lost over 100 pounds on her petite frame! We went thrift shopping like mad, ate BEEEEEEF out to here, wandered around the lovely landscape, soaked at two hot springs and generally had a ball.

By golly, she wore ME out in the thrift shops, and THAT is a major accomplishment. Of course, she was shopping more for her four grandkids than for herself, so that probably made a difference :-).

We were bummed that the other folks who hoped to come couldn't make it, but she got a good rest out of the deal--desperately needed since she has a VERY busy and stressful life. There is something about wide open spaces, sunshine, fresh air, presence of animals etc. that calms just about everyone. She had two half grown ranch kittens to spoil, got to walk to the river every morning and talk to the horses and bulls (cow/calf pairs are all in summer pasture on the national forest a LONG ways from here), take gazillions of pictures and just generally chill.

We did various short road trips to nearby places. Could have gone a lot further, but she was enjoying calm simplicity and that was good.

I was going to post some pics but am having technical issues, so I'll work on that in the morning.

I'm gonna be here till August 22 and would be happy to see someone else out this way! PM me for details, with the exception of "Living on the edge."

Julie R.
on 7/29/11 2:49 am - Ludington, MI
 I'm glad you two had a great time!   I can't WAIT to be out there!!!!!!    (Just wish I had time to meet up with you.)   We'll wave to you from the train when we're heading out.

I'm eager to see pics!
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

pycca
on 7/29/11 3:08 am - Haslet, TX
Hi EN !!

I had the most MARVELOUS time !!!  Thank you Thank you Thank you !! and your family and others...

It was a wonderful way to regroup from the norm here.. When I got in it was almost midnight, but all the kids were waiting up for me,,,, "what did you bring me ?""  LOL  All of our  nice bagged goodies made it,, "grin" and everyone was was thrilled!

I did get a little teary eyed when I left,, that surprised me, so there will be a return visit I am sure.

I have to say it is some of the best TENDER beef I have had,, even from Texas..I did enjoy the thrift shopping, lots of places,, (sorry I tuckered you out !! LOL) It was nice to take all the pictures and enjoy the places and meeting all the different unique people...

Yes next time will plan for more out reaching places,, if I loose more of my weight,, might even get more adventurous !! LOL
You must have been looking through some rose colored glasses,,,Me petite??? LOL  Maybe someday I will see that !!

It was a great  place to Live on the edge !!
Elizabeth N.
on 7/29/11 5:11 am - Burlington County, NJ
HURRAY so glad the two dollar suitcase performed :-D.

Yup, you are PETITE. So get used to the idea!

I'm back to fits of domesticity, so it'll be a day or two before I can play with pictures. But they're a comin'.

pycca
on 7/29/11 5:38 am - Haslet, TX
Yep it worked !! LOL  Teri said where did THAT suitcase come from >> Grin..

Yeah..... I got up this morning,, did dishes,,, darn I'm back .
Elizabeth N.
on 7/29/11 9:32 am - Burlington County, NJ
So did you tell her you made a donation to restore a historic Butte building and that was the thankyou gift? :-p

Yeah, welcome back to the real world. I'm starting to grumble about the idea myself. A week or so before departure I'll probably have adjusted my attitude and be ready to go tackle NJ life again. I wish I could just pack up Mr. EN and the critters and say to hell with it we're starting over. But one has to plan these things. Impulsivity is NOT a good idea in this case.

scoob
on 7/29/11 3:08 am - Somerset, KY
Sounds like a wonderful time! Jealous much! Can't wait to see the pics.

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

goodkel
on 7/29/11 5:54 am
I am so glad you are having a wonderful time!
Check out my profile: http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/goodkel/
Or click on my name
DS SW 265 CW 120 5'7"

Elizabeth N.
on 7/29/11 9:32 am - Burlington County, NJ
YOU need to come out here!!

goodkel
on 7/29/11 2:35 pm
Barn kitties, horses, hot springs, sapphires, ghost towns, COWBOYS! Oh my.

I would do love to visit there with you.

After breaking the law with me and then letting me watch you get a tattoo in CA, I know we're a great outlaw team. You thought I was drinking all your champagne and you didn't shoot me, even though you wanted to. We'd have a blast!

Think good thoughts to get the lottery winnings to me quickly.
Check out my profile: http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/goodkel/
Or click on my name
DS SW 265 CW 120 5'7"

Recent Topics