Missing vitamin batches and playing catch up

morgangirl
on 7/28/11 10:37 pm - MI
It never fails that it seems a few times a week for some reason or another, I miss a batch or two of my supplements.  Then the next day, I make sure to take that extra batch(es) making sure to still space my vitamins at least 2 hours apart.

I'm still learning the DS way, so am I really harming myself by playing catch up like this a few times a week?
Janet P.
on 7/29/11 12:51 am
IMHO I don't think you're harming yourself directly but you're harming yourself by not changing the habit. This is a very bad habit to have because if it gets worse then you can be directly harming yourself.

Set a timer if you have to as a reminder to take your vitamins.  I also don't think doubling up is beneficial because we only absorb a certain amount at a time so you're only throwing the money away.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

scoob
on 7/29/11 12:59 am - Somerset, KY
I set an alarm on my cell phone. I make my meds/vitamins up for a week at a time. They go where I go. When that alarm goes off, down the hatch. You'll get the hang of it. Don't beat yourself up but get out of the habit of missing now. Soon enough vites will become second nature. This and protein are two things you HAVE to get in EVERYday. You can do it!!!!!!

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

(deactivated member)
on 7/29/11 3:26 am - Woodbridge, VA
I do the same thing. I have too many meetings at different times throughout the week to be able to stick to a cell phone alarm (there are times I don't have my phone with me at all, times I can't have volume or even vibrating, etc.). I was on vacation in San Diego last week and had many times where I didn't have a beverage in hand to take my vitamins when it would have been ideal. I just do what you do and make sure the dose I missed is taken the next day at least a couple hours apart from the others. You're still taking in the same amounts of supplements overall during the week.
Recent Topics