Yes, even *I* get screwed while trying to stay on top of it all

had_enuf
on 7/28/11 5:03 pm - East Bay, CA
Sorry if I wasn't clear. A handful of labs fell through the cracks and that's why it took another draw. Luckily, none of them required fasting, is what I was trying to say... 
       Judy                   HW359/Consult288/SW275          

Poodles
on 7/28/11 2:11 pm - TX
Is it too late for them to add them on?  I think they keep the blood in the fridge for a while... but not sure how long.  When I worked at a hospital it seemed like two weeks was the norm for tiger top tubes.  But it has been 15 years... so I could be mistaken.
 Come to the Dark Side!!!                     
Band to DS revision 11/09/09.
Learn about the Duodenal Switch at dsfacts.com ! Off site comparisons of the 4 WLS 
http://www.thinnertimes.com/weight-loss-surgery/wls-basics/w eight-loss-surgery-comparison.html
http://www.lapsf.com/weight-loss-surgeries.html

vitalady
on 7/28/11 2:36 pm - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
I use the same lab every time. We finally had them put our lab list (and their transla tion thereof, such red top, no light. navy top, spun - whatever,not my language) so they don't have to start from scratch every time. We put our driver's licenses and POA and releases on file so we can pick up labs for each other. So, they keep paper files for us to make it easier for ALL of us.

I know it has nothing whatsoever to do with the bottle of vit D3-5 I bring each time and insist they all share. When we have vit D races to see who scores best.

LOL

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

J G.
on 7/28/11 4:01 pm
Good glory!  If I brought in a bottle of D, that would be just the ammunition they would need to have me committed to the loony house.  They're so close to that already. Ha!
vitalady
on 7/29/11 4:04 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
The first time I picked up labs, the girl who seems to run that branch mentioned hers was low and she'd had "teacup fractures" in both feet. She was looking into band with a doc I respect, but he gave her the rx.

I shooed her away from a band, then challenged her with her still normie guts and rx vs me with very lil gut left and see who'd win in 3 months.

LOL

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

J G.
on 7/28/11 4:12 pm
Diana, sorry your having to get a second draw.  I have started telling my internist office that I want to "hand-carry"  my lab orders to the lab.  This gives me time to look over the list and get any corrections made.
(deactivated member)
on 7/28/11 4:24 pm - San Jose, CA
Well, whaddya know - three more tests came in today.  And instead of being beautimous like all my others, they are all a bit off:

Vitamin K: Hmm, having issues getting K in the right place:
Name VITAMIN K1
Standard Range 80-1160 pg/mL
12/19/2006 119
6/30/2009 82
12/17/2009  
7/6/2010 L
3/28/2011 1449 H
7/19/2011 93

I was taking K 7 days a week after my unmeasurably low number last year; then I was told to cut back after the March number, so I cut down to 3 times a week. These numbers don't make sense.  Gonna have to ask about this - it is normal, but the fluctuation is not.  One or more of these numbers looks off.

B1:  Low by 1 unit - the ONLY thing out of range.  8, where 9-44 nmol/L is the range.  I've got some B complex I'll add to my pills a few times a week.  Yuk - they are stinky.

Copper (I didn't notice it was missing before?) - WTF was up with the one earlier measurement??
Name COPPER
Standard Range 70-175 mcg/dL
7/22/2004 1599
6/30/2009 101
7/6/2010  
7/19/2011 82

Something isn't right - I'm guessing the 2004 nunber was using a different scale. I don't know if it is worth adding some copper to my supplements just yet though.
J G.
on 7/29/11 4:14 am
that K level from March was probably a lab error.  I wonder if you complained if you could get a credit for a free test out of it???  My copper was low,too.  I'm doubling up.  Just plain B1 tastes less yukky, if that's the only B you need to increase.  -Jenny
Recent Topics