Officially Switched!

(deactivated member)
on 7/28/11 2:42 am
DS on 02/01/12
...Surgeons, that is. I officially switched surgeons today from Barker to Stewart. I cannot express to you the peace of mind I feel. When I first came here, everyone bashed on Barker, and I was like, "Yeah, sure, whatever. Everyone always has something to say about something." After that, I slowly began noticing things around his office, like being left in the waiting room while my diet group met downstairs and I missed half of the meeting (including all of the vitamin talk, which is the area I really needed information.) When his office staff finally realized they had left me sitting, they sent me on downstairs, where all of the other patients were RNY and no one felt comfortable answering DS questions. One of the other doctors in Barker's practice proceeded to tell me that DS patients have to take no more vitamins than a regular RNY patient does. I know RNY and DS are very different surgeries with very different vitamin upkeep. After all that (among other things), I just wasn't comfortable at all with having Barker as my surgeon, so I made the decision to find someone who I was comfortable with, thus beginning my journey with Dr. Stewart.

I received the phone call today from Dr. Stewart's office telling me that Dr. Stewart will absolutely see me as a patient (since I'm transferring my records from another surgeon) and to setup my appointment. Since I'm only a month into my diet group meetings, it won't set me back at all and I'm still looking for surgery around the same time as I was before.

Just wanted to let you all know the good news! =D
(deactivated member)
on 7/28/11 3:54 am
great news. Best of luck!
Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 7/28/11 3:59 am
Awesome! Dr. Stewart is great and his staff is very knowledgeable about the DS. They would not lead you astray and you will be in good hands!
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

(deactivated member)
on 7/28/11 4:10 am
MizCharlotte
on 7/28/11 12:44 pm - Spring, TX
Glad you are so happy with your decision.  There are more and more of us all the time who are big fans of Dr. Stewart.  It's working for me!
Elizabeth N.
on 7/28/11 1:20 pm - Burlington County, NJ
I am SO relieved to hear this. The man is bad, bad news.

Recent Topics