What am I doing wrong?

kirmy
on 7/29/11 5:52 am - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
Oh hell I was doing that until my second month.  Everything is sooo swollen its like trying to fit your head into a condom. Just chill...drink protein shakes with lactose free milk and a dash of full fat cream and breathe.  The spewing is likely to continue for a bit yet and your guts play the eject game when they decide not to like what it liked the day before.  I used to play egg monopoly...one day it went down, next it came out my nose the following one it sat in my gut for two hours then shot out like the exorcist.  There is no rhyme or reason....it just is.

Ride it out and relax.

RIP Mickie aka Happychick.  You will be missed deeply.
BBoop
on 7/29/11 7:08 am
SF jello became my friend...with whipped cream.  Just take it easy...it will happen for you.  You have lots of time to experiment.  I couldn't have done even the tuna and chicken with mayo...just too dense for me at that time.  Believe me I tried even put it in the blender with added mayo...still too dense.

I did like black bean soup put in a blender...sometimes I added cheese.  Don't forget tomatoe soup, Won Ton soup (no won tons) and any other kind of soup that is sans flour to thicken.

Grits seemed to stay down, too.  Lots of butter.

I'm almost 3 months out and can barely eat a steak (very small filet)...I ate it reallllllly slow.  It sat ok on my tummy but I don't think I'll have any more for a while.  Fish, talapia became a fav...but not yet give you tummy some time to heal.  I still eat it several times a week.

Hang in there...I know you are hungry...but you know what...not as hungry as you think you are.  So take a bite, and wait.  Then another.  Go slow give your tummy time to know if it's ok or not.  For goodness sakes...don't overfill your tiny tummy...I know that's when most of my food came back up and you really don't want to be throwing up...remember your stomach is a delicate thing right now..

B

Twi light
on 7/29/11 8:30 am - NY
Try seafood, I have not tried anything aside from seafood yet and it stays down really easily and for me has been easy to digest. Canned clams, canned tuna with mayo, grilled salmon chopped with mayo, shrimp etc. They are not heavy proteins and maybe that is why i have been lucky w/out digestive problems as i only stick to seafood. I am 2.5 weeks post op.

Recent Topics