3 month update

clpeltz
on 7/27/11 10:48 am
Hello all!  I am three months out now and had my appt with Dr. B today.  I keep reminding myself that it is the % of EWL that matters, not necessarily the number, right?  I started at 248 the day of surgery, so a relative lightweight and a revision from RNY.  Today I was 216 for a 32 pound weight loss in 3 months.  I need to lose roughly 100 lbs so that would be 32% EWL in three months.  That is good right?  I really wanted to be in the 20somethings, but didn't make it for today.

Anyway, I had 12 vials of blood drawn today for labs.  I will call next wed to get all the results.  I asked about getting a Rx for proferrin and Dr. B said that he hadn't Rx that to anyone yet?  So, are there different kinds of proferrin and what dose would I need to start on?  Any ideas on that?  I am curious to see what my ferritin will be.  It was 13 in April and that was AFTER an infusion.  I hope it hasn't dropped again.

Eating is going well.  I have found a few things that don't sit well, but for the most part I can partake in anything in moderation.  My vites are going good.  I am taking everything and am waiting for my labs to see if I need to tweak anything.  I am getting between 110-130 grams protein a day.  Carbs are hard for me to restrict.  I am consistently staying below 150 a day.  I would like to be below 100 a day but am finding it difficult.  

I have more energy now and have been able to do more exercise again.  I am again enjoying going to the gym.  When I had regained a lot of my RNY weight loss, I didn't want to go anymore and avoided the place.  Now it feels good to go and it gets the kids out of the house too, lol.

So that is all about me right now.  I go back at 9 months.  If I keep up at the pace of weight loss that I am doing now, I would be rid of all the excess weight by them.  We'll just have to wait and see.

RNY to DS Revision 4/29/2011
Dr. Henry Buchwald

"Think twice.....Cut ONCE"

beemerbeeper
on 7/27/11 11:59 am - AL
Congrats on your three months.  But when I saw you said you are staying under 150 carbs I said out loud 150??

Join the Bites and Vites thread and learn how to eat filling, substantial, satisfying foods AND keep your carbs under 50.

You are self-sabotaging if you are staying near 150 carbs every day.

~Becky

clpeltz
on 7/27/11 11:05 pm
You are right Becky!  I am committed to getting that carb # down!

RNY to DS Revision 4/29/2011
Dr. Henry Buchwald

"Think twice.....Cut ONCE"

nightowl
on 7/27/11 4:24 pm - Topeka, KS
Thanks for the update!  You are the first person I know of who has gotten a RNY-to-DS from Dr. Buchwald  -- I am very glad to see that he is a possibility for people looking for that (not for myself, but I see so many people coming to the board asking for that and thinking it will be easy to find nearby to them, when it is not).

I went to look at you profile and WOW!  I am impressed that you are still functional with being responsible for young quintuplets!  My hat is off to you!
scoob
on 7/27/11 10:12 pm - Somerset, KY
32% at 3 months is awesome IMO!! You're doing great! Congrat!!!

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

Recent Topics