Pre Op Diet experience and question

halblingefrau
on 7/28/11 10:34 am - Flagstaff, AZ
Ok, I'm 4 days into my pre-op diet.  My doctors version of it is protein shakes for two meals, veggies, and 4 oz of lean meat for dinner.  It's been hard, but I look of it as a test of will to not run for food whenever I think I want it.  I haven't weight myself but I definitely feel like I've lost weight already.

So here's my question:  did anyone have to pee, like, constantly?  Seems like every half hour I'm going to the bathroom.  I assume it's a detox effect of the diet.  I've been drinking my water for awhile and noticed I did pee more, but this is almost comical.

dranoa
on 7/28/11 12:11 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
 I thought i was pregnant, i peed so often!! 
halblingefrau
on 7/28/11 12:19 pm - Flagstaff, AZ
LOL dranoa!  I'm most definitely NOT pregnant but the thought crossed my mind.  Glad to know I'm not the only one.  My doctors warned me that post op, provided I stay hydrated, I will be peeing a lot as the body purifies itself (in fact, that's why water is so important).  I just didn't expect it pre-op.  :)

Elizabeth N.
on 7/28/11 1:23 pm - Burlington County, NJ
This is partly happening because your body is using up emergency energy stores (glycogen), which sets free quite a lot of water, generally at least a gallon all together and often more.

Recent Topics