Stall Question...

BobbiesGirl Ree
on 7/28/11 8:35 am
OK, so i have been at the same weight for 4 weeks now- stalled i know- but the farther out i go the more they bother me (like, maybe this is it for me, i am not stalled but stopped). I knew preop that i would not lose like the typical ds'er, and i haven't- it has been a slow, rocky, poop filled road that has abruptly changed when this last stall started (coincidence? I think not). 

But, i was wondering, what was/is the longest true stall anyone has ever had?

4 weeks going on 5 for me. I wake up every 3rd day at 257-258 then lose down to 255ish over the next 2 days, then day 3 starts all over again at 257-258. I'll have to admit this one is really getting to me :(

Some girls are bigger than others.       ~The Smiths
   You can never win or lose, if you don't run the race.
                                                          ~Psychedelic Furs

:obscene-smokingweed: 
zuzupetals2u2
on 7/28/11 9:04 am - Sedona, AZ
I found that two things help me cope with stalls- and I have them verey single weight loss- several weeks each time- the first thing that helps is to UP the protein and the seond is to put away the scale! You wil notice you are getting smaller and that is what helps  .take your measurements more often that you read the scale. Keep the carbs low if you want to lose faster too. I can predict a slow month if I don't behave. But someone here said to increase the protein to break a stall and I did and it worked! I cooked a big brisket roast and ate platefulls for a few days and my stall broke. Try it!

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

airbender
on 7/28/11 9:05 am
stalls are really tough for everyone, try to stick to basics,eat good quality protein,  keep your carbs low, usually at a max of 50 gm load/day, hold off on protein shakes, no protein bars etc, just basics, fish, chix, beef in that order, hold off on processed foods,  drink water, don't add any extra stuff, walk every day (night) for 30 mins or so, try that till you break your plateau.  don't give up hang on... they stink
teachmid
on 7/28/11 9:47 am - OKC, OK
I don't have any words of wisdom, but I had surgery the week before you and my weight loss is nonexistent right now. Just commiserating.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

sweetdew
on 7/28/11 2:18 pm - CA
I with Gail, just jumping on the thread to let you know you are not alone. WE have the same surgeon, I was out about a week or two more than you and have lost LESS than you. So i think you are doing pretty well. WE are all in this together, some more than others as far as time frames. I am at 4 weeks also and nothing. It seems to be the pattern for some of us. Hang in there and take the advise of the ones before us who have long time experience.

Good luck! 
Sweetdew
2005-Revision from Lap-band to RNY, 12/2010 Revision from RNY to DS
HW-305  DS,SW-262  CW-slowly going down  GW-140/160

Elizabeth N.
on 7/28/11 2:41 pm - Burlington County, NJ
I'm sure you've read many posts where I've said how anti-scale I am. So I can't tell you about a length of "stall." But I'd like to give you my long term weight loss stats for comparison purposes.

I had 240 pounds to lose. I lost about 45 pounds, or almost 20% of my excess weight, in six weeks. It took just over four months to lose the first 100 pounds, or 40%. At one year, it was 185 pounds or  77%.

It took two years and two months to lose 100% of my excess weight. This averaged out to....are you ready?..... two pounds per week or EXACTLY what the so-called experts say is a "healthy" rate of weight loss.

I am in week 222 post op. So now, pushing five years out, my rate of weight loss STILL exceeds a pound a week.

You need to chill and stay the hell OFF the scale.

BobbiesGirl Ree
on 7/28/11 4:27 pm
I get it- stay off the scale, lol... I'll have to admit i don't hate my scale, its just a tool... i hate my weight loss- or lack of it. I've done all the so called break the stall tricks- all of which don't work "for me", so i just keep on, keeping on. my question was just out of curiosity.

Thanks for all the support though, glad to know I'm not alone :)

Some girls are bigger than others.       ~The Smiths
   You can never win or lose, if you don't run the race.
                                                          ~Psychedelic Furs

:obscene-smokingweed: 
goodkel
on 7/29/11 3:27 pm
I considered myself the Stall Queen. My body never missed an opportunity to stall.

3 weeks at 3 weeks out
7 weeks at 6 months
another 3 weeks within a months as I hovered over Onederland
ad infinitum

But, while I missed the opportunity to keep track of my measurements, it became obvious that I lost many inches during these "stalls." Seems my body does not like to multi-task. I'll take lower numbers on a pair of jeans any day over lower numbers on a scale. Who sees that scale, anyway, besides the creepy, peeping guy next door?

NONE of the suggested remedies worked for me. So, I kept doing what I was supposed to and began to relax about it. Quel surprise! The weight started coming off again.

I needed every minute of my 24 month window to lose the weight. But, I'm not complaining. NOW, anyway.

Keep the faith and keep doing what you are supposed to and you will be fine. Promise.
Check out my profile: http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/goodkel/
Or click on my name
DS SW 265 CW 120 5'7"

ModestoK
on 7/29/11 11:51 am, edited 7/28/11 11:54 pm
Wow, I've been stalled in my weight loss for weeks as well. I had no idea all the cool kids were doing it!
Despite the stall in my weight loss, I think I'm noticing changes in my body. So even if the scale does keeps refusing to go down, I'm not making myself totally crazy like I would have done before. Thanks, EN for reminding us that we don't have to fall into a pit of despair when our scale doesn't reflect our efforts.
Heck, if I were pre-op, by now I would have thought "see, nothing works, I'm a fat cow, and so I'll just go eat whatever I want to comfort me on being such a failure".
Now, it is still frustrating to not see instant results like that first couple of months, but I have faith that my loss will start moving and pounds dropping again soon.

K.
                                      ~  Kim  ~

HW - 283        SW - 257.5     Goal - 156
Thanks to all the DS vets who have paid it forward - I <3 you guys!  
Looking for DS support & information?   Check out :     http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi

goodkel
on 7/29/11 3:31 pm
Keep keeping the faith! And until you can freeze it at your weight and strap the scale to your arse, smaller jeans will feel better than smaller numbers on a scale any day.

You're doing fine!
Check out my profile: http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/goodkel/
Or click on my name
DS SW 265 CW 120 5'7"

Recent Topics