Im alive!!! and "switched"

Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 7/28/11 4:02 am
Welcome to the dark side!!

We've all been there, the first few weeks really suck! I was weak and had a rough time with anything but liquids. It was like I lived off of apple juice and syntrax for the first two weeks.

Trust us, it gets better. MUCH better! The first few weeks are the worst, and the next 3 months aren't fun either, but it takes time to heal. You'll get there, don't worry! And when you do you'll look back and wonder why you didn't get the DS sooner :)
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

kirmy
on 7/28/11 5:14 am - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
That's my boy!!!  Well done you.  It is terrifying getting on the table and I'm very proud that you got back into the swing of it.  You are going to become a skinny man. You will never really believe this until you have arrived in 12 months time. Effortless weight loss won't make much sense to you at all for a very long time but you won't fail, you won't wreck this, you won't be the failure.

I am so very very proud of you!

Now...applesauce! Are you trying to blow your arsehole out of you body? Jesus that is kryptonite to a DSer!  Try soups...get a very hearty broth with LOADS of meat in it and pass it through the blender.  Have mashed potato with lots and lots and lots of butter and cream to ma**** with.  The carbs will help settle your queasy guts for a short time.  While your settled try a small scrap of scrambled egg. Some can tolerate eggs this soon out other not so much.  You won't know until you try.  Also tuna is very high in protein.  Get a can of tuna and mix it through your mashed tatties and eat what you can...maybe two tablespoons at the very most.  Once your nose starts dripping or you hiccup STOP or you will spew.

Finally sleep when you need it.  You'll feel terribly out of sorts for the next two months.  Your body will ask you for sleep....so give it sleep.  Drink water as much as you can but if you can't don't waste valuable space on water when you can drink protein shakes.   Be kind to yourself. Walk and walk and walk and do it even when you feel it is impossible. Walk a bit further every day.

Sending you my love sweetness. Heal and show us all how it is done.  Here sit next to me on the bench!

RIP Mickie aka Happychick.  You will be missed deeply.
Udamnskippy
on 7/28/11 5:17 am - Port Orchard, WA
Well Steve you are in for the change of your NEW life ...Its not fun in the first 3 mos but you will not regret the New you. I had the ususal cold feet and reservations also but I tell you ,ever since the surgery I have NEVER regreted my decision to have this surgery... As I say to others start getting rid of all your apparel because you will change clothes sizes within weeks.... Hydration and nutrients are the most important for the next two months... Most foods will repulse you for a while but it will change ... Welcome to the other side....    Good luck to you ..      Steve
J J the Jet Plane
on 7/28/11 8:06 am
Im so glad you reconsidered and were able to get in quickly.

I hope you have a boring healing time and look forward to seeing your success.
Congrats!
Amy_Kleve
on 7/28/11 10:44 am - Adrian, MN
I feel like chickening out as well. My surgery is on Tuesday. I'm glad your surgery went well
Lap band 4 years ago. Revised to DS 8-2-11

Recent Topics