Im alive!!! and "switched"

bigsteve2010
on 7/27/11 11:59 pm - Williamsburg, MO
Ok so I had a surgery date of July 15th 2011 well I chickened out the night before and bolted for home, and ya know even before I got home I had lots regrets ALREADY!!!....well that next monday I called Dr. Anthone and explained to him that I still wanted surgery and I made a big mistake, and how sorry I was. He said he understood and got me back on the schedule for friday July 22nd. which was very cool! ok so here it is July 28th I had my surgery on the 22nd which went perfectly (say Dr. A) And I'm sore a bit shaky and wondering if i will every feel normal again, but i will continue to push water/protein supplement thru my feeding tube as needed for life.....as far as eating in the last week i had a corner of a spoon of pudding (disgusting) and one of custard (also disgusting)...I am taking apple juice in very slow small quantities by mouth and applesauce stays down without too much effort...but I loathe puking and the farther I steer from that road the better! So whoever was wondering.....Yea I had the switch, and Yea I lived (sort of)...anyways just a lil update and thanks to all of those that supported me and gave me prayers and good vibes thru this thing...Im not leaving just gonna rest......blah
Elizabeth N.
on 7/28/11 12:08 am - Burlington County, NJ
Welcome to a new lease on  life. You are completely normal :-). This phase sucks for everyone and just has to be endured. Hang in there and HYDRATE! Don't worry about food. The only thing you need for the moment is sufficient fluids. Keeping hydrated will reduce the nausea.

Make sure you keep moving around, too. Makes all the difference in the world in feeling better sooner. This is not miles of walking. It's lots of little short walks, nice and slow and easy.

kathie09
on 7/28/11 12:09 am - not available
Steve!...congratulations! I am so happy that you made it through the nerves. I am one week away from my DS and my nerves are killing me! I totally understand what you must have been feeling.

Good luck with the healing process. Wishing you all sorts of yummy broth and apple juice.
kathie09
(deactivated member)
on 7/28/11 12:09 am
Frankie
on 7/28/11 12:11 am - NY
Congrats on being "switched", get plenty of rest and sip, walk, sip, walk.

Frankie

Jody W.
on 7/28/11 12:20 am - Windsor, CT
Hey Steve,
Good to hear from you....
Soon they will be calling you Little Steve....

-Jody

Original LapBand Surgery - 07/26/06- DS Surgery - 08/16/2011
 HW/LW/SW/CW/GW
289/195/277.5/242.5/170

larra
on 7/28/11 12:20 am - bay area, CA
Steve, this is the sucky part. It gets better. Honest!
      It takes a lot of courage to have major, life-changing surgery. You found that courage within yourself. You'll get through this and once you can nibble a little bit and the weight starts falling off, you'll see what a good decision you've made.

Larra
teachmid
on 7/28/11 12:32 am - OKC, OK
Congratulations!
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

a_new_mii
on 7/28/11 12:48 am - AZ
 Congrats STEVE!!!!  Hang in there, it does get better!  soon you'll be feeling like a champion!!!!
Join us here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi ~~❁~Ginger~~~
The beginning of a whole new world.              
HW-445
   SW-417    CW-162  GW-175            

DotNetLee
on 7/28/11 2:12 am - TX
 Congrats Dude!  Don't worry about the food stuff.  Just eat what you can and get your fluids in.  You'll start feeling more normal every day that passes.
-Lee

Recent Topics